Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Mikey/Loma fight @ 135/140, Mikey's hurting, and beating him.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why on earth would he fight Mikey at 140? He is the 130 champion and Mikey is the 135 pound champion. For him to fight Mikey at 140 would be some terrible negotiations. !35 or Mikey can fight somebody else. They are both great fighters. Everybody can pick the man they THINK will win but nobody KNOWS who will win until they actually fight and the fight is over. Until then anybody can be as sure of the winner as possible but it's just guesswork and not fact.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
      I've wanted this one even more than I wanted Loma/Rigo. Mikey is absolutely capable of finishing Loma. But, it wouldn't be easy work. In fact, Loma may very well out-work him.
      Problem is, Loma is a soft puncher and mikey has precision. He can weather triple jabs and such better than tiny Rigo could, and deliver some wicked counters.

I lean toward Garcia a little at 135. Heavily at 140.
      10000% couldn't agree more... the only thing I'm not sure about is how good Loma is, I see mikey as having to much power, but we haven't really seen Loma tested yet, I don't think he'd toy around with mikey, like he has been the last cpl fights... I reckon he'd be focused af and could pull off a ud

Comment

Mikey is too slow for Loma. Loma annihilates him

Comment

Originally posted by CatchAndShoot View Post
          Man, you couldn't be more wrong. Actually watch Mikey. His foot movement is terrific, and one of his most underrated assets. Also, he moves with his punches as well as anyone, and just like a slickster. People just don't see that, and always forget that.

And I give Mikey the edge because of the size, and power advantage, and because of the fact that you're so wrong about Loma being leagues above Mikey in the footwork/foot speed department.

Watch the Broner fight. A textbook, classic, boxer/puncher type wouldn't have had as much success landing like Mikey did, because while they could be more skilled than Broner, Broner had his dancing shoes on that night, and wasn't tryna be in a war.

Mikey, and TC are the absolute best fighters in boxing right now, and GGG is up there as well. Loma's a fuggin monster, but not like Mikey.
          You are a fanboy. Comparing broner to Loma lmfao! Broner has quick hand speed but he is a plodder. He doesn’t know how to use his feet. Lomas foot speed and reflexes are mayweathweesque.

Comment

Lomachenko is too versatile for Mikey but ofc he always has a chance to catch him with a good punch

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
              Broner ain’t a mover though he’s a flat footed guy who looked uncomfortable trying to move laterally vs Garcia.
              Mikey’s great coming forward but isn’t confortable when his feet aren’t set or on the back foot. I remember noticing this in the Burgos fight and especially the Cornelius Lock fight.
              I really don’t think he has that level of footwork. I ain’t tryna say he’s a plodder or nothing cause he clearly ain’t but Loma’s feet are waaay faster. Loma has the best footwork in the game IMO, as I said I think it’s a terrible style matchup for Mikey.
              Regardless, this is a great fight, I hope it happens sooner rather than later
              You're crazy if you think Loma's a terrible style matchup. I think it's the other way around, and he's a bad style matchup for Loma. Also, Broner isn't some supreme mover, but when he really wants to, he can move, and he's extremely agile.

Also, I don't think Mikey's back foot will come into play, even though he's actually really good on his back foot, and countering off that.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
                You are a fanboy. Comparing broner to Loma lmfao! Broner has quick hand speed but he is a plodder. He doesn’t know how to use his feet. Lomas foot speed and reflexes are mayweathweesque.
                I'm talking about when Broner's trying to move, and doesn't want to engage, at all. Like when he fought Mikey, he was very agile, and a lesser mover would've had a hard time getting to him as consistently as Mikey did.

Comment

Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
                  They are almost identical, except Loma is sharper and a bit faster. They both seem very stiff, but I think Loma is fast af, and too confident. Mikey is slow and kind of intense in their.
                  No doubt he's fast, but Mikey ain't slow, at all.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
                    First off I ain’t one of these unrealistic Loma fanboys that think he’s the GOAT or can go up to 147 and school Crawford etc etc.
                    But, I do agree he’s the the #1 fighter in the world today, and I’m also convinced he beats Mikey. I like Garcia, he’s a very good fighter and he’d always be a live dog against Loma because of his power and physical strength. Your argument for Mikey is very flawed. Firstly the size element, Mikey is listed at 5”6, Loma is 5”7, their wingspan is also virtually the same. Mikey is naturally the heavier person in terms of weight but there is not that massive of a disparity in terms of size.
                    Secondly, you talk of Mikey’s undrrated fast footwork, he has decent and textbook footwork but his footwork isn’t necessarily fast and Lomas speed of foot is levels above Mikey’s. Mikey also likes to set/plant his feet in order to throw his power punches, he also doesn’t look comfortable moving on the backfoot or moving backwards to evade punches. Loma is fantastic at judging distance and moving in and out with his footwork, this would allow him to comfortably outpoint Mikey IMO. Loma is all wrong for Mikey stylistically.
                    Mikey has great timing and legit power so would have the chance to catch Loma coming in, however I feel Loma is too intelligent a fighter and also has good enough reflexes and speed to make this highly unlikely. I got Loma by a wide UD. It’s a great fight though. I doubt it happens soon but I hope it happens at some point.
                    Great post

Comment

Originally posted by CatchAndShoot View Post
                      I'm talking about when Broner's trying to move, and doesn't want to engage, at all. Like when he fought Mikey, he was very agile, and a lesser mover would've had a hard time getting to him as consistently as Mikey did.
                      Broner moves his head but not his feet

Comment

Working...
                      X