Collapse
No announcement yet.

mikey garcia through the eyes of a pbc/haymon hater

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The best boxer of this gen is probably Loma, but his chin and natural attributes are lacking. Guy has T-Rex arms and girl shoulder-thigh ratio.

Mikey has the potential to be the best fighter of this gen, with or without a win over Spence. I think he loses but he should clean out 135 and 140 afterwards, win or lose.

Spence ain't moving to MW and beating anybody, maybe not even JMW unless he picks a Besputin/Fielding

Comment

Listening to Mikey Garcia interview yesterday...

That man seems 1000% Confident in himself and I absolutely respect the fact that he don't give a DAMN what people think about him and who doubts him. He said it is his JOB to turn doubters into believers. So if he don't give a DAMN what people think about him then fans need to grow tougher skin as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Wolf View Post
        It wont matter. He is outgunned. He wont even be able to hurt Spence. He couldn't stop Lipinets from pressing him and you think those punches will do something to Spence?
        Take a good look at him while working with Conte he looks stronger

Comment

Originally posted by BreWall View Post
          Wasn't Kell Brook criticized for fighting GGG? Is he a PBC fighter?
          the narrative i seem to remember went something like this (actually exactly like this)...

"you gotta hand it to brook he has some balls for sure...plus hes a big WW that will probably never fight at WW again after this he has to move up he cant make 147....and this was the only fight they could make cause eubank lost his pen and they had no other option blah blah"

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
            Listening to Mikey Garcia interview yesterday...

That man seems 1000% Confident in himself and I absolutely respect the fact that he don't give a DAMN what people think about him and who doubts him. He said it is his JOB to turn doubters into believers. So if he don't give a DAMN what people think about him then fans need to grow tougher skin as well.

ya....ur gonna have to forgive these guys...they are used to having to be ok with dom wade, vanes and kell brook

Comment

Originally posted by BreWall View Post
              Nonsensical poster as usual as many of the posters who bash Mikey for this fight are PBC fanboys.
              This guys got such a #metoo, need to be victim, mentality when it comes to PBC and Haymon.

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
                the narrative i seem to remember went something like this (actually exactly like this)...

"you gotta hand it to brook he has some balls for sure...plus hes a big WW that will probably never fight at WW again after this he has to move up he cant make 147....and this was the only fight they could make cause eubank lost his pen and they had no other option blah blah"
                Hearn is still getting accused by many posters on here for feeding Kell to GGG for a quick buck "til this day!"

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
                  It’s not just Mikey or PBC fighters. Every fighter gets criticized no matter what they do and they are always ducking someone else.

Boxing fans are a miserable bunch. Most are just fans of a couple fighters but not the sport.
                  Pretty much this.... I can apply the same logic to any top name fighter and whichever network/promoter/manager they have an affiliation with. It’s whatever suit posters narrative to be honest.

Comment

Working...
                  X