Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: Lomachenko Will Return 8/25 at The Forum; Opponent TBD

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its Beltran, hoping is Berchelt

Comment

Beltran is the most logical choice, with Davis as #2, and the Mikey Garcia fight is still ways out. I'd think Lomachenko would want to get better accustomed to 135 with maybe one or two more fights and then bring on Mikey, that is if Mikey doesn't himself move up to 140.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
        You must be new to boxing. Robert Garcia said Loma-Mikey will take 4-5 years to build up like May-Pac. Both sides want PPV money for that fight, but neither fighter is a PPV star or well known by casual fans. I want to see that fight but my GUESS is what Loma-Pacquiao will be made first in order to get casual fans knowing who Loma is, and then if Pacquiao passes his stardom onto Loma, THEN Loma will be able to carry the PPV with Mikey.

So yeah, I want to see the fight too, but don't act like there is any fear at play here. Loma ducks no one. The timing of this fight is about money, not fear.
        Not gonna lie, I expected a larger crowd than 10.4k. for that caliber of fight.

But I don't think it'll be 4 or 5 years. I think we get:

Loma v:
        Beltran
        (Unknown)

Mikey v:
        Easter
        Commey(IBF mandatory)

Then we get that fight mid to late 2019.

Comment

Originally posted by jbpanama View Post
          If Pac gets by next fight. unscathed, (not a given

watch for Pac and Lomo in November...
          I don't know how I feel about Loma-Pac at 135. I'd like to see Loma win the WBO belt in August and go for Mikey in Nov-Dec. But people on this forum think Loma-Mikey is at least 2-3 years away which is really sad.

Comment

Originally posted by chimichanga2 View Post
            I don't know how I feel about Loma-Pac at 135. I'd like to see Loma win the WBO belt in August and go for Mikey in Nov-Dec. But people on this forum think Loma-Mikey is at least 2-3 years away which is really sad.
            I dont think so. Mikey will move up to 140 by the end of 2019. This fight has to happen within the next 18 months or not at all imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
              Not gonna lie, I expected a larger crowd than 10.4k. for that caliber of fight.

But I don't think it'll be 4 or 5 years. I think we get:

Loma v:
              Beltran
              (Unknown)

Mikey v:
              Easter
              Commey(IBF mandatory)

Then we get that fight mid to late 2019.
              Would love to see it play out like you said. Late 2019 is too late though.

Comment

I would love to see Linares rematch. I would also say Mikey Garcia but I know that fight is not possible.

Comment

Probably Beltran vs Loma, which is solid considering it is a unification fight. Sets up a unification fight against Mikey as well next year or later this year.

Comment

Pacquiao may be easier to negotiate with Bob Arum after Beltran, but I wonder if he will want Lomachenko to come up above 140 which I think he may be reluctant to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing42 View Post
                      The quest to avoid Mikey begins
                      I agree, Lomachicken a scurred Euro Bum coward. He craps himself every time Garcia's name is mentioned.

Comment

Working...
                      X