No announcement yet.

Ocampo may be injured. Yordenis Ugas possible replacement to fight Errol Spence

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
    If the fight got cancelled 4 weeks prior to the date, that may be just what he'd be doin.
    No. He'd just cancel the date like damn near every other fighter. Champions don't fight guys like Vanes. Sanctioning bodies usually won't even sanction that fight. Like the WBA didn't sanction the Brook fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
      No. He'd just cancel the date like damn near every other fighter. Champions don't fight guys like Vanes. Sanctioning bodies usually won't even sanction that fight. Like the WBA didn't sanction the Brook fight.
      Guys like Vanes? Vanes has only lost to the top guys who held titles at 154. You guys act like he's Rod Salka for Christ sakes.

Comment

Guys like Vanes? Vanes has only lost to the top guys who held titles at 154. You guys act like he's Rod Salka for Christ sakes.
        Vanes hasn't fought in 2 years

Vanes is coming off a loss

Vanes is not ranked at MW

Vanes would have less than 4 weeks to fight the top MW in the game.

This is a trash fight. If Hurd scheduled Vanes on 8 weeks notice people would be complaining, and rightly so. GGG can fight Vanes with only a 4 week notice but can't fight Sergey on that same notice?

If you won't even admit this is a trash fight then tell me what's to low for even you? Who would GGG have to pick for you to finally say 'No, that's enough'? Chocolatito?

Comment

Ugas is crap, got a gift decision over Dulhorme who came in on short notice and badly hurt Ugas, dropped him and only lost because off a corrupt reff. not a good look considering Dulhorme is not even a welterweight.

But yea considering the original opponent it's not a terrible replacement.

Comment

Vanes hasn't fought in 2 years

Vanes is coming off a loss

Vanes is not ranked at MW

Vanes would have less than 4 weeks to fight the top MW in the game.

This is a trash fight. If Hurd scheduled Vanes on 8 weeks notice people would be complaining, and rightly so. GGG can fight Vanes with only a 4 week notice but can't fight Sergey on that same notice?

If you won't even admit this is a trash fight then tell me what's to low for even you? Who would GGG have to pick for you to finally say 'No, that's enough'? Chocolatito?
            Can Chocolatito tag team with another 115 lber and fight him at the same time? I'd watch that ****. Never said the fight was a good fight. Just that Vanes is not some unknown bum like people are making him out to be.

Comment

Can Chocolatito tag team with another 115 lber and fight him at the same time? I'd watch that ****. Never said the fight was a good fight. Just that Vanes is not some unknown bum like people are making him out to be.
              Am I being unreasonable when I ask GGG not to fight a SWW who is coming off a loss, hasn't fought in 2 years, on 4 weeks notice, who isn't ranked at MW. But instead fight a legit MW. It that an unreasonable request? Is that to much to ask of the unified MW champion?

Comment

Am I being unreasonable when I ask GGG not to fight a SWW who is coming off a loss, hasn't fought in 2 years, on 4 weeks notice, who isn't ranked at MW. But instead fight a legit MW. It that an unreasonable request? Is that to much to ask of the unified MW champion?
                You can ask whatever you want from a fighter. We all can. Doesn't mean any of us are gonna get what we want. It's a business and they make their decisions based on money to the detriment of the fans 99% of the time unfortunately.

I don't care who he fights on May 5th. It's not gonna be the fight we all were looking forward to so it's a disappointment no matter what IMO. I'm not gonna be any more excited for him to fight a 12-0 unknown who's beaten nobody or Vanes who has a name hut hasn't been active. It's a waste of a fight for his career.

Comment

You can ask whatever you want from a fighter. We all can. Doesn't mean any of us are gonna get what we want. It's a business and they make their decisions based on money to the detriment of the fans 99% of the time unfortunately.

I don't care who he fights on May 5th. It's not gonna be the fight we all were looking forward to so it's a disappointment no matter what IMO. I'm not gonna be any more excited for him to fight a 12-0 unknown who's beaten nobody or Vanes who has a name hut hasn't been active. It's a waste of a fight for his career.
                  Do you think I'm being unreasonable by thinking he shouldn't fight a guy coming off 2 years inactivity, not a MW, not ranked at MW, coming off a loss, and only 4 weeks to train. Do you think that's unreasonable to think the unified MW champion shouldn't be fighting a guy like that?

Comment

Working...
                  X