No announcement yet.

Ruined my shoulders on the heay bag lost all my power

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ruined my shoulders on the heay bag lost all my power

Hi i remember from starting boxing 3 years ago abusing allot my shoulders on the heavy bag going full power i had pain some times and i reached the point of losing all my power and feeling my shoulders very weak can someone in my same situation tell me a way to fix my ****ed up shoulders....i stopped boxing for almost 1 year to leave them rest but now im very weak more weak than when i started and they feel very loose not tight and i cant use maybe only half of my old power,you guys know some exercises to make em tight and powerfull again?
    Last edited by Faiered; 02-28-2018, 03:14 PM.

If you're having pain in your shoulders you should see an orthopedic surgeon that specialzes in sports medicine. Also, your symptoms are atypical for someone without injury. If you have a torn ligament, you need to know about it.

Comment

I can tell for sure i have no injury maybe a tear becouse i stopped in time when i feelt the pain first times my only problem is that i feel my shoudlers very weak not tight and powerfull at all like before.Now i dont feel pain when punching or doing other things,a torn lignament would hurt
      Last edited by Faiered; 02-28-2018, 03:40 PM.

Comment

theres not a lot to go on. however unless theres significant movement restriction or considerable loss of strength theres probably not a tear that would need any operative measures. If the shoulders not feeling unstable, or theres no significant stiffness then its most likely subacromial pain/shoulder impingement (impingement is a misleading term but thats what people still call it). Cant be arsed to describe the exercises but just google some light rotator cuff exercises and do ones that arent painful. But you are best to get yourself checked out.

Comment

Originally posted by Faiered View Post
          Hi i remember from starting boxing 3 years ago abusing allot my shoulders on the heavy bag going full power i had pain some times and i reached the point of losing all my power and feeling my shoulders very weak can someone in my same situation tell me a way to fix my ****ed up shoulders....i stopped boxing for almost 1 year to leave them rest but now im very weak more weak than when i started and they feel very loose not tight and i cant use maybe only half of my old power,you guys know some exercises to make em tight and powerfull again?
          Whatever you're having issues from, boxing didn't cause it.

Comment

Shulders injury is the most common in boxing so idk why your so sure

Comment

You probably hit the bag too much. You shouldn't hit it more than 3x per week but that doesn't solve your problem. I helped my Dad overcome a major shoulder injury by putting him a weightlifting/resistance band program. Start out with really light weights like 5 lbs and lateral shoulder raises and then with a barbell put light weight on and do upright rows. Again, start out really light and build that muscle from scratch getting it accustomed to working again. Start hitting the bag again 3x per week but again do that really light. Don't try to go hard just use volume. Matter of fact you don't even need to throw punches, just stand squared up to the bag and pitty pat while shifting weight back and forth. Builds really great shoulder and arm endurance.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.MojoRisin' View Post
                You probably hit the bag too much. You shouldn't hit it more than 3x per week but that doesn't solve your problem. I helped my Dad overcome a major shoulder injury by putting him a weightlifting/resistance band program. Start out with really light weights like 5 lbs and lateral shoulder raises and then with a barbell put light weight on and do upright rows. Again, start out really light and build that muscle from scratch getting it accustomed to working again. Start hitting the bag again 3x per week but again do that really light. Don't try to go hard just use volume. Matter of fact you don't even need to throw punches, just stand squared up to the bag and pitty pat while shifting weight back and forth. Builds really great shoulder and arm endurance.

It sucks man i cant even punch stright right now my shoulders move too much like they are going to come out.I started doing some isometrics against the wall but i hurt myself while doing it and now my left shoulder and jab is even worst,sometimes when i move my shoulders i hear some cracks like its doing some bone on bone sound.Idk what to do is already one year of rest and i feel no pain just weakness

Comment

It sucks man i cant even punch stright right now my shoulders move too much like they are going to come out.I started doing some isometrics against the wall but i hurt myself while doing it and now my left shoulder and jab is even worst,sometimes when i move my shoulders i hear some cracks like its doing some bone on bone sound.Idk what to do is already one year of rest and i feel no pain just weakness
                  Nevermind dude dont do anything I said at all. Sounds like you have tendinitis or even a shoulder out of socket. My dad had tendinitis and he had that popping/cracking sound in his shoulder.

Seek medical attention immediately don't go by what anyone is saying on here. Something is ****ed up in your shoulder. The human body is not supposed to do that.

Comment

I can tell for sure i have no injury maybe a tear becouse i stopped in time when i feelt the pain first times my only problem is that i feel my shoudlers very weak not tight and powerfull at all like before.Now i dont feel pain when punching or doing other things,a torn lignament would hurt
                    You have no idea if you have an injury so stop pretending. You don't feel tears, you feel them once they're torn. Torn ligaments often are painless until you hit that sweet spot.

Feeling like your shoulder is coming out it indicative of torn ligaments. Cracks in your shoulder is probably impingement. You need to see an orthopedic surgeon that specializes in sports medicine. You need imaging preferably a MRI to see what's really going on in there. Don't settle for just an X-ray or some cortisone.
                    Last edited by McNulty; 02-28-2018, 09:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X