No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ricky Burns-Miguel Vazquez Pushed Back To April 20th

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ricky Burns-Miguel Vazquez Pushed Back To April 20th

Promoter Frank Warren’s show at Wembley Arena on Saturday 16th March has been postponed and will now take place on Saturday 20th April.

WBO World Lightweight Champion Ricky Burns’ opponent, Miguel Vazquez - the IBF World Champion - has been suffering from a severe viral infection caused by food poisoning. Vazquez has been advised to rest and rehydrate, before starting to train again which has meant that the fight has had to be delayed.

There was an opportunity to bring in a replacement challenger for Burns but it was agreed that at this stage of his career, it was essential that the unification contest went ahead, even if it meant a slight delay
    [Click Here To Read More]

Forget Burns.. Give the fans what they want: Abril vs Vasquez! Haha, no but hope it nothing else goes down and this goes as planned in April.. Really want to see this fight.

Comment

Is it called off or just pushed back?

Some reports coming out now that it's been cancelled.

Comment

Originally posted by P4P_No1 View Post

Not sure anymore, just saw a few reports saying it's been cancelled.. I hope not though, guess we'll just have to wait for an official announcement.

Comment

That's the same date as Canelo-Trout. Put it in the undercard

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
            That's the same date as Canelo-Trout. Put it in the undercard
            If only. Vazquez is promoted by Top Rank.

Comment

World lightweight champion Ricky Burns's WBO title fight against Miguel Vazquez has been called off.

They were due to meet in London on 16 March but Burns confirmed the news on his Twitter page.

"Absolutely gutted this fight ain't happening, another training camp n it's fell through," he said.

Coatbridge boxer Burns, 29, with 35 wins from 37 fights, has a similar record to the 26-year-old Mexican.

Slightly shorter than Burns and three years, nine months his junior, the orthodox fighter has lost only three times in 36 fights and has defended the IBF title he won against Ji-Hoon Kim in August 2010 on five occasions

Burns added: "Not only that, feel sorry for the fans, my friends and family who have now booked tickets, flights and hotels for 2 fights for it to fall through."
              Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/boxing/21652676

Seems like it's off. That's another one of Warren's fights that have been called off quite close to the actual fight date.

This just pushes back a potential Broner clash even more.

Comment

Didn't you even read the article? lol

Comment

Originally posted by ROSS CALIFORNIA View Post
                  Didn't you even read the article? lol
                  Can't read it as I'm at work and the page closes as soon as I open it up, so I can only go what I see from the headline and first paragraph or two.

Why?

Comment

Can't read it as I'm at work and the page closes as soon as I open it up, so I can only go what I see from the headline and first paragraph or two.

Why?
                    Because Waren says despite what media reports say about the fight being canceled, its not. It will go on April-20.

Comment

Working...
                    X