Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who should McWilliams Arroyo fight next?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arroyo is PROOF to never ever give up. He lost to Choc in a fight where he showed a great account of himself and then the layoff and he become soured by the boxing business and fights fell out and that is enough to make some fighters give up. But then like a light at the end of the tunnel this fight came along and then another bigger light at the end of the tunnel was his sweet win last night. One HELL of a fighter!! I bet he never imaged at his worst point where his moral was low did he imagine not only getting a big fight but winning one and being where he is. He is a lesson in not giving up!
    Last edited by richardt; 02-25-2018, 07:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Suavecito80 View Post
      Arroyo, it was a clear win for him.
      I don't know why we are talking about Chocolatito? I was wondering who would make for an interesting opponent for Arroyo.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
        He earned a shot at being on the co-main on the next Superfly card.... But against who? Would Yafai cost too much?
        How about a rematch with Cuadras.

Comment

Cuadras changed his style and that was a big wrong.

He is a mover, and with the idiot of Abel he fought like a brawler.

Arroyo is a good boy but he is not material to be champion.

Ancajas will be a good rival.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
            He earned a shot at being on the co-main on the next Superfly card.... But against who? Would Yafai cost too much?
            If he stays at 115 Ancajas is the fight to make, it would be a fun action fight and there is a good narrative to it, as McWilliams would be trying to avenge his brothers defeat to Ancajas and bring the IBF title back to the Arroyo family in the process.
            I still think he could make 112 though, Arroyo vs Nietes, Higa, Dalakian are all good fights that could easily be made.

Comment

Originally posted by JrRod View Post
              How about a rematch with Cuadras.
              Rematch? Naaah. This fight was suppose to be an eliminator. Imagine you're the fighter with almost 2 years without a fight (not the fighters choice). Then your granted an eliminator for the title, you win & then you have to fight him again? It ain't necessary. He should fight for any of the titles.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexican_Puppet View Post
                Cuadras changed his style and that was a big wrong.

He is a mover, and with the idiot of Abel he fought like a brawler.

Arroyo is a good boy but he is not material to be champion.

Ancajas will be a good rival.
                Puppet,
                Come on man, It doesn't matter, he lost. If you was the winning fighter do you really want to hear somebody's else sour grapes? Hell no of course not, Mexican Puppet would just grab his flag & wave it and move on. It was a good fight. I noticed that McWilliams landed some good shots early on & was having his way, that when Letterman gave his 4th round assessment of the fight with Cuadras ahead, I was in total disagreement. McWilliams was winning except for when he got caught in the 2nd round. I had it 3-1, after the 4th round for McWilliams.

Comment

Originally posted by sugar ray lenrd View Post
                  Puppet,
                  Come on man, It doesn't matter, he lost. If you was the winning fighter do you really want to hear somebody's else sour grapes? Hell no of course not, Mexican Puppet would just grab his flag & wave it and move on. It was a good fight. I noticed that McWilliams landed some good shots early on & was having his way, that when Letterman gave his 4th round assessment of the fight with Cuadras ahead, I was in total disagreement. McWilliams was winning except for when he got caught in the 2nd round. I had it 3-1, after the 4th round for McWilliams.
                  I know, he lost but that was not Cuadras. Look how he fought vs Román and Sor and they are way better than Arroyo.

Stupid Sánchez changed the style of Cuadras and he looked like bam bam ríos

But arroyo is a good boy and thats not his fault

Comment

If I'm his promoter I cash him out against a big name and hope he pulls off the upset. There's a reason he got handled by Roman. He can get beat by next journeyman.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexican_Puppet View Post
                      I know, he lost but that was not Cuadras. Look how he fought vs Román and Sor and they are way better than Arroyo.

Stupid Sánchez changed the style of Cuadras and he looked like bam bam ríos

But arroyo is a good boy and thats not his fault
                      Same dude he always was. Stop crying about Superfly 2. It was fun but the Mexicans lost.

Comment

Working...
                      X