No announcement yet.

Wilder has the heart of a warrior....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post
    He is a extremely game fighter, he was being dominated from the start but? Still kept on trying. If Wilder is to surmount a comeback, he needs to stop worshiping his own power 'He has to train as if he is not a puncher' take a leaf out of Joshua's approach, self critique himself and REALLY try to improve every boxing area 'Joshua is not really as naturally gifted as Tyson Fury but? Joshua's work ethic, attention to detail makes him like Batman etc'

Joshua right now, will be studying and working on a game plan to beat Tyson Fury 'He will be obsessing over it'
    I agree..... Joshua is very focused and constantly looking to improve.... he knows he is not the finished article and will only get better.

I don't know if Wilder has the same mindset? I don't think he will go away and work on his boxing honestly.... he's been relying on that ight hand for over 40 fights and is nearly 35 now..... can he really work on boxing now?

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
      You sure? Everyone on here who's never even had tape on their fists is calling him a coward and a bum.

Couldn't agree more though. Was a fan of both fighters before the match, and I'm a fan of both fighters after the match.
      I think Wilder goes down as a contemporary great. Meaning not the best of ever but great in his era. Tyson on the other hand is an atg.

Comment

Originally posted by Deontay Wilder View Post
        He looked really angry when the towel was thrown in. That says it all.
        Yeah...... no way he wanted to stop fighting...... his heart and determination can't be questioned.

Comment

Originally posted by World Champion View Post
          You're not being honest. The only thing Wilder turned down was fighting Breazeale on DAZN. It's not his fault Joshua lost.

If Wilder was a coward, why did he agree to fight Fury, who was considered the bigger challenge than Joshua? You're not making any sense.
          Stop it, he ducked AJ. He would have made more fighting Brezeale on Dazn as part of that deal. He’s a coward who turned down 120 million. He fought Fury after Fury looked diminished after coming off his layoff and it backfired.

Comment

Never questioned his toughness, even his biggest haters probably never doubted his toughness it was the severe LACK OF SKILLS that kinda kept me off the Bandwagon even as an American. Yeah I enjoy watching him because he can deliver knockouts but as someone who grew up watching and Admiring Great SKILLED BOXERS...watching Wilder is very frustrating as well as a fan of the sport overall

Hard Headed Stubborn Guy and you can tell Mark Breland and especially Jay Deas kinda kisses his ASS so they won't get fired so they can continue to get paid I guess. He need honesty in his corner, he needs more passion in his corner. Joel Diaz, Teddy Atlas, Ronnie Shields somebody that will light a fire under him but also be HONEST with him. Even when he does Pad Work with Jay Deas during training Camp and Work Outs it is ZERO Fluidity in them...

Fury has way more "Rhythm" than Wilder, way more Fluid despite being Taller and Heavier...

Honesty is now considered "HATING" in this ERA and that is absolutely hurting the current generation "Millennial's" the most hard headed sensitive Generation EVER! I can't speak for other countries but in America now, honest is looked down upon so how can people improve at what they do when people can't be honest with them about WTF they need to improve upon

You can't even tell people to get in better shape in this ERA or else that is "FAT SHAMMING" I mean WTF!
            Last edited by sicko; 02-23-2020, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Vinnykin View Post
                I agree..... Joshua is very focused and constantly looking to improve.... he knows he is not the finished article and will only get better.

I don't know if Wilder has the same mindset? I don't think he will go away and work on his boxing honestly.... he's been relying on that ight hand for over 40 fights and is nearly 35 now..... can he really work on boxing now?
                I don't even think Fury has Joshua's mindset 'But THEY both have great mindsets' DIFFERENT but great.

Wilder has got to bounce back quick, and take some positives from the fight 'He has to be back in the gym within the next 3 weeks - 1 month'.

Wilder is a multi-talented athlete, he could of played at a high level in basketball 'Surely those transferable skills, if he really focused/applied himself could improve his boxing game'

Wilder has to be willing to DO things in training which make him uncomfortable, or challenge him technically 'The raw materials are there such as courage/gameness'

Wilder can improve technically, if he is willing to put in the work 'Not saying he will SHOOT his RING IQ through the roof but? That was from a technical perspective, not anywhere near a elite level performance from him last night' It was very bad.

It will be interesting to see how he reacts from this defeat 'Joshua was smiling, even stayed in New-York to see the sites'.

Note: Team Wilder has 30 days to initiated a rematch, so we will find out within 1 months time 'I was made up Tyson Fury won, but yes I did watch the fight as a neutral'
                Last edited by PRINCEKOOL; 02-23-2020, 03:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MAUKboxfan View Post
                  Pure fear in the coward’s eyes. Had the same look when he got the DAZN offer. Wilder got walked down and smashed to bits. His corner saved him from a life altering beating

Comment

Originally posted by Arj Guy View Post
                    Stop it, he ducked AJ. He would have made more fighting Brezeale on Dazn as part of that deal. He’s a coward who turned down 120 million. He fought Fury after Fury looked diminished after coming off his layoff and it backfired.
                    You're not being honest. He turned down a 3 fight 100 million deal for Breazeale and two Joshua fights because he didn't see any reason to fight Breazeale on DAZN. If he was going to consider DAZN, it would only be for Joshua. Joshua then lost before a Joshua only deal was ever presented.

Heading into last night, Fury was rated higher than Joshua in the most respected ratings. How can you call Wilder a coward for fighting the tougher challenge? Doesn't make any sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Deontay Wilder View Post
                      He looked really angry when the towel was thrown in. That says it all.
                      He was also no longer throwing meaningful punches and was moving away from fury. He’d gone into survival mode by that point in the fight. He’s definitely tough and has heart, but the fight was beaten out of him. He didn’t quit, but he’d pretty well quit trying to win.

Comment

Working...
                      X