Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jorge Linares vs Ryan Garcia poll

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garcia winning this poll is pure comedy.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Scions View Post
      Pretty much. Linares has been down several times now but also takes some good flush shots and remains vertical. Ryan's chin is more or less a total unknown. Enhances the intrigue
      Here's what is known about Garcia. He stands straight up in the air. He has no head movement. He backs up in straight lines and his reaction time in his legs and feet is a full two beats slower than 98% of elite fighters.

He better hope he has a Jake LaMotta level chin because he's going to get hit ALOT once he's in there with someone who is remotely threatening.

Comment

Before you all get too crazy on Ryan remember that Oscar had another "new golden boy" by the name of Victor Ortiz, who looked like a monster until his competition went up.

Way way too early to crown this kid. He does not look durable to me right now, but time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
          Here's what is known about Garcia. He stands straight up in the air. He has no head movement. He backs up in straight lines and his reaction time in his legs and feet is a full two beats slower than 98% of elite fighters.

He better hope he has a Jake LaMotta level chin because he's going to get hit ALOT once he's in there with someone who is remotely threatening.
          That is a very good point I neglected to mention. It's a large part of why I tend to favor Linares

Comment

All i know is if garcia beats linares he will get more credit then when lomachenko did when linares had 2 losses less.

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
              Before you all get too crazy on Ryan remember that Oscar had another "new golden boy" by the name of Victor Ortiz, who looked like a monster until his competition went up.

Way way too early to crown this kid. He does not look durable to me right now, but time will tell.

Ironically, Ortiz Jr. is the "new golden boy" in terms of talent

Comment

Originally posted by Madison boxing View Post
                All i know is if garcia beats linares he will get more credit then when lomachenko did when linares had 2 losses less.
                Which i never got. People cried for him to move up, called Loma a ducker when he mentioned Easter but not Linares than fights the #1 ring magazine 135lber at the time Linares ,rips his shoulder in rd 2 and still KO's Linares.

Comment

Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post

Here is what is known about Linares. In each of his 5 losses, he was stopped. Twice in the first round, one was last year. And once in the 2nd. Garcia is taller with the longer reach. It’s highly possible Linares gets stopped early again.

Comment

Originally posted by Boy Jones Jr. View Post
                    Here is what is known about Linares. In each of his 5 losses, he was stopped. Twice in the first round, one was last year. And once in the 2nd. Garcia is taller with the longer reach. It’s highly possible Linares gets stopped early again.
                    You're not seeing the point, little one. Garcia will be outclassed by someone less capable than Linares. He won't even get that far.

Comment

I’d like to see how garcia takes a punch first. Hasn’t fought anyone yet.

Comment

Working...
                      X