No announcement yet.

Wilder is for real, I admit... but...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HarvardBlue View Post
    Ruiz has that style. He has quick feet, knows how to counter, and throws fast combinations. If he gets pass Joshua then we will see. Still yet, the danger is running into something getting into close range.
    Ruiz (edit) has slow feet, fast hands..... Ruiz is not known or considered fast with his footwork at all. getting inside on Joshua is not the same as getting inside on Wilder..... Wilder is much more mobile.

Wilder has range, distance control and fast feet, you need to pressure him and keep close so he doesn't get leverage to land the big punch.... IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Vinnykin View Post
      I need to see Wilder in against an opponent who will pressure him, stay on his chest and take away his distance.... put it on him, is fast, explosive..... it is the only way to beat him other than Fury outboxing him and dodging his punch for 12 rounds (which no one would put money on including myself).
      I am saying this for ages. I'd love to see how Wilder can survive Kownacki's pressure. For the moment Kownacki seems to be the only one fighter who is not afraid of Wilder. Opposite to 99% people on this board I believe that Kownacki will KO Wilder.

Comment

Wilder is a beast

Comment

Tyson Fury and Deontay Wilder are both class acts. They could fight 100 times and it's always gonna be the same; every chance Fury boxes his head off, every chance Wilder drops a bomb and gets the stoppage. Just because they have drastically different approaches, doesn't mean one is miles better than the other.

Comment

Originally posted by Dariusz View Post
            I am saying this for ages. I'd love to see how Wilder can survive Kownacki's pressure. For the moment Kownacki seems to be the only one fighter who is not afraid of Wilder. Opposite to 99% people on this board I believe that Kownacki will KO Wilder.
            Kownacki does not have the foot speed to reach Wilder, he would end that guy very quickly I think.

Bad KO loss for Kownacki if they fought. Wilder is too long and too mobile.

Comment

Originally posted by W1LL View Post
              Tyson Fury and Deontay Wilder are both class acts. They could fight 100 times and it's always gonna be the same; every chance Fury boxes his head off, every chance Wilder drops a bomb and gets the stoppage. Just because they have drastically different approaches, doesn't mean one is miles better than the other.
              Agreed..... I will be on the edge of my seat for the whole fight whenever they fight.

I still think Fury can go inside and win easily without the 12 rounds of movement though.

I think that is the ace Fury has up his sleeve for the rematch..... Wilder will try to box and time Fury, Fury goes all-out assault and destroys him by staying close and pressuring him.

Comment

Kownacki does not have the foot speed to reach Wilder, he would end that guy very quickly I think.

Bad KO loss for Kownacki if they fought. Wilder is too long and too mobile.
                Everything is possible but we shall never know until they fight. At least Kownacki will not be afraid like others and will try to maul Wilder from the 1st second. Wilder has never faced that much punches per round so far.

Comment

This fight didn't prove anything except that Ortiz is better than many of us were willing to admit.

Wilder is very, very focused. The Draw with Fury was a moral victory for him, while it was a moral defeat for Fury.

I really didn't see anything that made me think Wilder would do any better against a focused Fury.

Comment

Ruiz (edit) has slow feet, fast hands..... Ruiz is not known or considered fast with his footwork at all. getting inside on Joshua is not the same as getting inside on Wilder..... Wilder is much more mobile.

Wilder has range, distance control and fast feet, you need to pressure him and keep close so he doesn't get leverage to land the big punch.... IMO.
                    I can't think of anyone that can do it then. Wilder can virtually go undefeated his entire career fighting like this.

Comment

lol...chisora or povetkin would get knocked out even quicker than most of these guys....wallin? now hes a boogeyman because of the fury fight? lol

Comment

Working...
                      X