Collapse
No announcement yet.

andre ward- what went wrong?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ward need to start acting like a biiatch. this way, people is gonna start hating on him and will start paying for his fights in hopes that he'll lose. i mean that's how floyd became a ppv star. but with ward, he has a boring style but to make it worst, he's a humble guy or so he acts like one. so it's kinda hard to hate on him. people hate that he's boring but then he's a really nice guy too so its like ****, what can i hate about this guy.

Comment

I noticed everybody that hate on ward always hate because he not exciting or has no charisma he aint fake he not trying to be something he not he keeps it real with the fans you see what you get theirs a new artucle everyday hating on this men a family men and this is coming from a non ward fan but respect his skills i dont care about personality i only care about his skills all that extra **** to sell tickets thats for the casual

Comment

2-3 years of inactivity PLUS never having a nemesis before Kovalev. People LOVE story arcs and Ward had nobody left to fight after Super Six and Chad Dawson. He was on the shelf with promotional issues for YEARS and still no opponent emerged.

Floyd/Manny and Canelo/Triple L get so much attention because of each other.

I respect Ward as a mature adult, but it pays to play a role (like Floyd for instance - although I think Floyd is just being his dbag self). Even if he dominates Kovy...there's Stevenson and Beterbiev as well as Joe Smith. So he could legitimately have a good run into his 30's of those guys win big and call him out t build up the fight.

However, Ward ducking the call-out is good for business to BUILD the arc and create momentum. Sucks for us fans but it's true :/

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
          Whether you rated the competition or not, after winning the super 6 the stage was set for ward to be the next boxing superstar,to fill the void once mayweather left.. However, this hasnt materialised, with many boxing fans looking at errol spence as the guy to be the flagbearer for american boxing. Viewing figures have also been very disappointing for recent fights. It is safe to say that ward has not achieved the stardom he may have hoped for and many people do not rate him as p4p number 1, a mantle which many assumed he would take over from mayweather
          So why has wards career not taken off? Is it due to inactivity, a lack of personality, or a lack of entertainment in the ring? Why has ward not capitalised on the momentum from the super 6? Can ward still become the american superstar or is it too late?
          Discuss...
          Andre "SOG" Ward is P4P King as soon as Hopkins lost to kovalev and Floyd leaving the game. He is entertaining in the ring, its that certain people like to say things like this for a certain agendas....He does not lack personality...he is a great example of how to carry yourself. His inactivity was for an excellent reason....Errol "The Truth" Spence Jr. is also being written off before the brook fight....These are facts that I just wrote. Now look at all the boxers getting praise from hbo, bob arum, jim lamply, harold letterman, larry merchant and certain paid journalist and ask yourself your own question.

Comment

I don't think his team build on his super six win, you almost forget he not only was in it but won it sometimes. He would have been loved in the U.K., because he seems humble and doesn't get himself in trouble.

Comment

simple

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
              Whether you rated the competition or not, after winning the super 6 the stage was set for ward to be the next boxing superstar,to fill the void once mayweather left.. However, this hasnt materialised, with many boxing fans looking at errol spence as the guy to be the flagbearer for american boxing. Viewing figures have also been very disappointing for recent fights. It is safe to say that ward has not achieved the stardom he may have hoped for and many people do not rate him as p4p number 1, a mantle which many assumed he would take over from mayweather
              So why has wards career not taken off? Is it due to inactivity, a lack of personality, or a lack of entertainment in the ring? Why has ward not capitalised on the momentum from the super 6? Can ward still become the american superstar or is it too late?
              Discuss...
              Injuries derailed the Kelly Pavlik fight, and Andre Ward's believed co-promotional work with GoossenTutor didn't materialize in the way he thought it should. Froch, Dawson, Pavlik, and then the likely first shot at fighting in Las Vegas in early 2013.

The only folks that are doubting Andre Ward being p4p#1 have issues that have nothing to do with Andre Ward.

Comment

There's nothing wrong with Ward. He is in full control of his career. Perfect example is the way he handled the Kovalev rematch. He negotiated on his own term while Kovalev looked like he was flailing. If/when he wins the rematch his stock will rise even more. There are plenty of worthy opponents to choose from moving forward. Mayweather already prove you can stick to your style of fighting as long as you keep winning. The fans will adjust to his style rather than the other way around.

Comment

lol..........

Comment

Comment

Working...
                    X