Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do people really believe that Mayweather is retiring Sep 2015?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think he will retire. I would not be shocked if he did not retire. I think Mayweather is aware that his fighting skills gets worse with age and that hard head punches can cause brain damage. If he is not an idiot with his money he should be set moneywise for many lifetimes. I am surprised he does not want to get 50 wins without a lost to break Rocky's record.

Comment

Honestly i dont believe him,,,

boxers say all the time they are going to retire,,, didnt hopkins say he promised his mom he would stop at 40, and now we are 10 years later and hopkins still getting paid,,

floyd will be the same way,, the lure of an HBO return and breaking marciano's record, and huge $$$$ will bring him back

Comment

if there's easy money to be made, i seriously doubt it. that said, when you talk about retirement, at the very least you're considering it.

lots of people say that when an athlete talks retirement, he's all but retired.

mayweather is different from other boxers. he's financially motivated. he's never lost, or taken much punishment. if he's smart with his money, he should be / have been able to amass enough wealth in his boxing career to support his family for many generations.

this will come down to motivation. if mayweather is motivated to fight by money, a competitive drive, he will continue to box.

i do doubt that mayweather will retire in 2015. that's less than a year and a half away. he'll likely still be the planet's best boxer at that time. with the right opponent, his billing will be at its peak.
        Last edited by New England; 01-18-2014, 03:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
          I think he will retire. I would not be shocked if he did not retire. I think Mayweather is aware that his fighting skills gets worse with age and that hard head punches can cause brain damage. If he is not an idiot with his money he should be set moneywise for many lifetimes. I am surprised he does not want to get 50 wins without a lost to break Rocky's record.

lol... you think?

Comment

Yes, as long as he stays undefeated and doesn't go broke afterwards.

If he goes broke, he will come back and fight. Happens every time.

Comment

He'll come back for the payday if he has to. Depends on how he handles his money post-boxing.

Comment

He will milk the 20-40M paydays until he loses or is permanently injured. He needs boxing to support his lifestyle and habits.

Comment

I think he will retire in September 2015. I think he's smart enough to walk away when he feels its time. The thing is can he stay out of trouble.

Comment

Its funny as hell to read the "Floyd wont add anything to his legacy from now until 2015", like he didn't have a big year last year. Since Marquez, which after Pac-JMM 3 and 4 doesn't look too bad, he's all either good or solid wins. Mosley, Ortiz, Cotto, Guerrero, and Canelo. He won his 3rd FOTY award in 2013,, only guy to do that in 3 different decades, and he won a RING ritle in his 4th division last year.

Sure, Khan is a BULLCRAP fight, but that doesn't mran the other three won't be good.

Comment

IF he retires

he'll be out of the spotlight and he'll come back....bet

Comment

Working...
                      X