No announcement yet.

Maidana destroys Rios at 140

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
    For some reason or another Huey has some hate for Rios.
    No I don't. I just don't see what all the hype is about.

I do enjoy watching him fight just because it's guaranteed violence. I just don't think he's all that good.

Maidana is battle tested while Rios has only fought bums, with the exception of Peterson, who's somewhat decent. Antillon is crap, so don't even try it.

Comment

Originally posted by -Huey- View Post
      No I don't. I just don't see what all the hype is about. I do enjoy watching him fight just because it's guaranteed violence. I just don't think he's all that good. Maidanavis battle tested while Rios has only fought bums. With the exception of Peterson who's somewhat decent. Antillon is crap, so don't even try it.
      Of course you do man. Look at what you said in this post. Rios only fought bums except strangely enough of Peterson. As if Miguel Acosta never existed. Or maybe you believe Acosta is/was a bum or that Peterson is better than him. I don't know whatever it is strange comment.

You think Gamboa can jump up to LW and beat down Rios, fair enough. I can see why people would believe that. Now you think someone like Maidana would DESTROY Rios.

You in the belief that Rios hasn't fought anyone(except for Peterson?) and that everyone pretty much has a cake walk against him. So yea it's hate man.

Comment

Maidana is so underrated on this forum its painful. Rios vs Maidana would be a classic. Both get really hurt in this fight. Boxing fans would be the winner if this fight ever happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
          Rios uses intelligent pressure to break fighters down, yes he gets hit alot in the process but its a skill while Maidana to me is just a crude unskilled brawler. It amazes me that he has gotten this far in the sport while being so terrible.
          Rios is definitely better as far skills go, but he still has weak defense and takes a lot of punches. The problem for Rios is he will be right in front of Maidana, and they will both be landing but Rios has never felt that kind of power yet. Maidana has shown he can be outboxed pretty easily by guys with good foot work and movement. But Rios isn't that kind of fighter. Its the kind of fight that is usually good for both of their styles, but Maidana has the power advantage IMO.

Comment

I do enjoy watching him fight just because it's guaranteed violence. I just don't think he's all that good.

Maidana is battle tested while Rios has only fought bums, with the exception of Peterson, who's somewhat decent. Antillon is crap, so don't even try it.
            If you don't know anything about the lightweight division's best fighters, then don't talk about them.

Comment

Originally posted by MXboxingfan View Post
              If you don't know anything about the lightweight division's best fighters, then don't talk about them.
              Rios has not faced any division's "best fighters" that's the thing about it. I dare him to buck up to JMM! Maidana beats him. All out war, us fans win nonetheless.

Comment

Rios has not faced any division's "best fighters" that's the thing about it. I dare him to buck up to JMM! Maidana beats him. All out war, us fans win nonetheless.
                Right is not like Acosta was ranked #1 contender at LW by boxingscene and The Ring at LW when Rios fought him

Comment

are you saying his win against Miguel Acosta wasn't good?

Comment

This is exactly how I feel about Maidana.

Comment

here's the straight dope fellahs, Rios controlls the bout from the bell with superior hand speed, technique,and skill set. He controls the first 9 rds with Maidana still coming forward and scoring just enough to keep things interesting. In the 10th Rios is noticeably fading, Maidana scores with a big right just before the bell, but doesn;t go down. Early in the 11th, Maidana scores with vicious combinations, referee makes a well timed stoppage, with Rios bytching all the way. Maidana KO 11, behind on all cards 8rds to 2

Comment

Working...
                      X