Comments Thread For: Andre Ward Announces His Retirement From Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
    You're a moron if you believe that.
    Nope I just have high standards for a guy being called a HOF.

Comment

• Originally posted by angkag View Post
      If you want to see the best use of the head in the history of boxing, Holyfield v Tyson. It was always just on the edge of legal, rapid positioning of his noggin so that Tyson's own movement took him on to it, and it completely threw Tyson off his game.

It frustrated Tyson to the point where it ultimately cost Holyfield a couple of chunks off his ears, but Holyfield got two Ws out if it and effectively ended Tyson's Beeth Mode permanently.
      Haha. Good post man. Thanks for the knowledge. I'm not too old, so I never really studied Holyfield fights too close.

Comment

• Andre was a beast he fought everyone in their primes props to him and enjoy retirement

Comment

• Originally posted by deanrw View Post
          Also Wlad. 4 giant names of the past decade+
          I was reminded bhop's last fight was 2016 so he would go in 2021.

Cotto as well. Lot of HOF'ers calling it quits this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
            i still root for ward. i dn't go to las vegas to see sergey kovalev

being a fan of a fighter is not enough to get me to sacrifice my objectivity.
            ... As of lately you didn't actually root for him...

Comment

• Stay retired ...good luck and for the good reasons.

Comment

• Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                ... As of lately you didn't actually root for him...

again, i'm realistic and i'm calling it like i see it. has nothing to do with whether i like ward or not. i wanted him to win the fight, but i dind't want it to happen the way it did. he won the fight on a low blow. he landed a lot of low blows, and they had an affect on the fight. he looked like he'd figured kovalev out and was on his way to a stoppage, but that doesn't negate that the fight wast stopped on a series of low blows, and that low blows earlier in the fight had a serious affect on kovalev. he's a dirty fighter.

i went to f#cking las vegas and i live in boston, brother. i am not going to get into an argument with somebody about why i went. that's a waste of my time and yours. that's an expensive, 6-7 hour flight, 500ish for a ticket, and two nights at the bellagio. and i didn't go there for kovalev.

Comment

• Andre Ward, from the beginning has always been one of my favorite fighters.

I not only respect his talent and skill as a champion, but more importantly the way he has carried himself as a man. Class act all the way.

Best to you and your family Christian brother!

Comment

• haven't bothered reading the letter yet, I guess bc I don't believe it. Ward is strange, and he feels entitled to me. Maybe this is just his way of trying to coax a big money "comeback." But of course if he's 100% committed to retire, then good for him I say. It takes a lot I believe to walk away from the sport especially while he's still relatively prime. Idk, I guess it's just that I saw Floyd do this 3 times (?), wouldn't put it past Ward to pull the same move at least once.

I just think in boxing you shouldn't be so quick to believe a fighter that says he's retired.

Comment

• Quote from the article heading this thread:

"He (Ward) then became a two-weight king in 2016, beating Alexander Brand to pick up the WBO light-heavyweight belt, before two memorable unification bouts with Kovalev."

Whoever wrote that article DKSAB.

Comment

Working...
                      X