Collapse
No announcement yet.

The contradiction of HBO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did P. Williams also outland Lara like Pacquiao did JMM?

Also, numbers/stats are just supportive evidence, not the end-all, be-all.

All you need is empirical evidence to see the difference between those two fights. The Punisher got punished and didn't dish out anything in return, and Pacquiao did not.

I have seen some replays of the crucial rounds in Slow motion, and Pacquiao landed more more punches and avoided JMM's, who by the way got cheers from the crowd, even though he missed them. Pacquiao's just weren't as eye-catching as JMM's.

Comment

Originally posted by Cupocity303 View Post
      Did P. Williams also outland Lara like Pacquiao did JMM?

Also, numbers/stats are just supportive evidence, not the end-all, be-all.

All you need is empirical evidence to see the difference between those two fights. The Punisher got punished and didn't dish out anything in return, and Pacquiao did not.

I have seen some replays of the crucial rounds in Slow motion, and Pacquiao landed more more punches and avoided JMM's, who by the way got cheers from the crowd, even though he missed them. Pacquiao's just weren't as eye-catching as JMM's.
      here we go with the slow mo excuse. pac landed more punches, thats true. but with that said, there were many rounds where it was clear pac was getting beat up and jmm was landing the harder blows. there were more than a few. slow mo can be very deceiving. i dunno why ppl use that in their argument. in real time u see the real effect of the punches.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
        here we go with the slow mo excuse. pac landed more punches, thats true. but with that said, there were many rounds where it was clear pac was getting beat up and jmm was landing the harder blows. there were more than a few. slow mo can be very deceiving. i dunno why ppl use that in their argument. in real time u see the real effect of the punches.
        I saw the it in real time too. Downloaded the fight right after the live event, and had Pacquiao winning 7 to 5. At least 4 head scratching rounds where neither guy did anything to steal the round, and it appeared even. But then I look at the punch stats of that round with Manny landing more on paper, and I used that to give it to Manny, because i had nothing else to go on.

Not a Manny Pacquiao fan here, by the way.

Comment

There's no comparison between these fights in my eyes. Maybe in some people's eyes but not mine.

Comment

By the way, Pacquiao landed similar one-punch leads that Floyd did, THE DIFFERENCE BEING, Pacquiao isn't as good at it. In the gym, his practice, training is all about quick, blitz combinations. Whether on the mitts or on the heavy beg, he never practices throwing one, hard punch at a time. Always combinations. Therefore his lead lefts weren't as eye catching as Floyd's lead rights Vs JMM, but they still landed:

REMINISCE OF THIS PUNCH:
            http://youtu.be/SKBgDk5wu40?t=4m48s
            Last edited by cupocity303; 11-17-2011, 07:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
              Still no answer?

Let me help you.

Williams 200 / 1047 Total and 161 / 766 Power

Lara 224 / 530 Total and 178 / 363 Power

Hope this helps.
              Pwned! supported by facts

Comment

Originally posted by Cupocity303 View Post
                By the way, Pacquiao landed similar one-punch leads that Floyd did, THE DIFFERENCE BEING, Pacquiao isn't as good at it. In the gym, his practice, training is all about quick, blitz combinations. Whether on the mitts or on the heavy beg, he never practices throwing one, hard punch at a time. Always combinations. Therefore his lead lefts weren't as eye catching as Floyd's lead rights Vs JMM, but they still landed:

REMINISCE OF THIS PUNCH:
                http://youtu.be/SKBgDk5wu40?t=4m48s
                Whenever Pac threw that straight left followed by moving to his right, it seemed to work. Since he seemed so intent on outboxing Marquez, he should have kept doing that. It literally seemed to work every time.

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
                  I understand the compubox figures, but what is the point he is trying to prove?
                  Sorry if it wasn't clear enough. I'm not trying to prove a point; just adding more stats as provided live to all viewers before the decision was declared. To paraphrase you... I have not made a theory on this subject. This is what I think the TS is addressing:

1. He doesn't believe Pacquiao landed more punches than reported.
                  2. Commentators are bias/contradictory (quantity/quality)

If you notice the stats shown, there is already misinformation (unintentional or otherwise) being reported. The total number of punches is reported as 176/578 30% for Pacquiao [landed/thrown] & 138/436 32% Marquez. A few seconds afterwards they reveal the body punch stats as: 95 43 138 32% [landed on Pacquiao] & 149 17 166 29% [landed on Marquez]. Benefit of the doubt to an innocent error, but also reminding us of their validity. Which #s are to be the real/true values? it does affect peoples' perception of efficiency/effectiveness afterall. What's the value of a 3% difference in one vs 2% in another slide for the same statistic?
                  Last edited by bolodux; 11-17-2011, 07:52 PM.

Comment

In that fight. the HBO crew were bad-mouthing Paul even before Lara started kicking his ass. It seemed to me like they had it planned to talk down to Williams that night. I had Lara winning and that was the biggest robbery this year, and should be at least one of top 25 worst robberies in boxing history. But the way the HBO commentators were verbally abusing Williams that night, was just not right at all. To be talking like that about a guy who's putting his life on the line and has only tried to fight the best, it's just wrong. Sure the criticism at the end was warranted...but it was just disgusting to hear these guys talk down to Williams even when the fight was still close in the 4-5th rounds, after that Lara just ran away with the fight and won pretty clearly.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                      slow mo can be very deceiving? WTF!!! whered you get that? deceiving for PACQUIAO? dayummm... GET OUT OF HERE!

Comment

Working...
                      X