No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Al Haymon/Investors Get Upper Hand in Top Rank Lawsuit

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hhs661 View Post
    no no no.. I meant Fox.. the main Fox network. you know just like the nfl on fox
    http://espn.go.com/blog/dan-rafael/p...to-fox-network
    Yep, add that one to the list then. Haymon may be reaching far or overextending but hell, I am enjoying the fight cards on so many networks. A boxing fan's dream really. And maybe he will be around for a good while producing fight cards, many of which have had very competitive fights. Haymon is the man right now, that is for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by muthafuka View Post
      It still dont matter. PBC has failed every fight card. Most of his fighters are getting popped for PEDs and illegal IV use. AKA masking PEDs.

Then you got Top Rank and grimy Bob Arum. Putting on fight cards like Saturday night with a Star packed crowd on HBO with the top two P4P fighters in the world.

Lol you can have the legal bullsh-it
      Now, now, now, alt. Saltiness will get you nowhere.

Comment

On top of this, considering that GBP and TR have been around much longer than Haymon, Haymon is doing pretty damn good with his promotional team. And lets not pretend that those smaller cards of TR and GBP are worth a SHT because all they do is pit their prospects against hapless guys who have lost 4 or 5 out of their last 6 or 7 fights.
        Last edited by richardt; 10-19-2015, 11:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
          On top of this, considering that GBP and TR have been around much longer that Haymon, Haymon is doing pretty damn good with his promotional team. And lets not pretend that those smaller cards of TR and GBP are worth a SHT because all they do is pit their prospects against hapless guys who have lost 4 or 5 out of their last 6 or 7 fights.
          Thats another good point.

I liken Top Rank, and GBP to a lesser extent, to a conversation earlier regarding the WBC..... these asshats have all had DECADES to get it right, and it aint rocket science.

If somebody was able to rock up with a better product, then fcuk em.

But it could pay to wait another 6 months-or-so to see how things settle down..... I am sure Haymon is aware that the spotlight has been on him.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
            Lets see, PBC on ESPN, PBC on NBC, PBC on Spike TV, PBC on FS1, PBC on Bounce TV, do I need to continue??? These facts are not debatable. If I had the chance, I would personally thank Mr. Haymon for this.
            What facts? That the networks like a free hand out. None of those networks pay a dime for PBC nor do they care if they are losing millions with these card. Its the other way around PBC pays them. These networks get paid for the time slot and any loses on the event are on PBC. Between all the money they are losing, the crappy TV ratings and lawsuits enjoy PBC now because they won't be around for too long at they rate they are blowing money it's only a matter of time till its runs out.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
              What facts? That the networks like a free hand out. None of those networks pay a dime for PBC nor do they care if they are losing millions with these card. Its the other way around PBC pays them. These networks get paid for the time slot and any loses on the event are on PBC. Between all the money they are losing, the crappy TV ratings and lawsuits enjoy PBC now because they won't be around for too long at they rate they are blowing money it's only a matter of time till its runs out.
              Dude you, devell916 and all the others that keep making these claims really do sound pathetic. WHy when it comes to PBC do you guys talk about everything else but the actual fights that have happened?

I get your complaints about production, I just do not get why PBC is a bad thing IYO. They just had a FOTY candidate on a Friday night that you could watch before going out for the night. They did have A crap scorecard for Peterson this Saturday, but overall there have been correct cards where the underdog got the decision win. They have had the same number of "easy star wins" as HBO. They are bringing you new fighters you have never seen, both foreign and domestic. and at lower weights.

The majority of cards have been average or above average and look to be putting on good cards on SHowtime later this year.

Comment

The lawsuit has not been dismissed, some of the points of the lawsuit have and TR can refile, get your facts straight

Comment

The majority of the cards have been good? They have had some very good fights but overall I believe the cards are below average.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                    The point flew RIGHT OVER YOUR HEAD! Let me simplify. Brace yourself, this is going to sound crazy!!!!! Okay ready? Here goes! I sit down X number of times per week to watch boxing. When I get to sit down and watch Boxing more times in a week and get to enjoy the fights, then I am happy!!! You want to know why??? Okay, brace yourself again cause here is the reason why! Are you sitting down? Did you take a deep breath? Here it comes!!! BECAUSE AS A BOXING FAN I LIKE TO SEE BOXING!! Not that difficult to comprehend. Get it? Got it? GOOD!!!
                    Last edited by richardt; 10-20-2015, 11:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                      Dude you, devell916 and all the others that keep making these claims really do sound pathetic. WHy when it comes to PBC do you guys talk about everything else but the actual fights that have happened?

I get your complaints about production, I just do not get why PBC is a bad thing IYO. They just had a FOTY candidate on a Friday night that you could watch before going out for the night. They did have A crap scorecard for Peterson this Saturday, but overall there have been correct cards where the underdog got the decision win. They have had the same number of "easy star wins" as HBO. They are bringing you new fighters you have never seen, both foreign and domestic. and at lower weights.

The majority of cards have been average or above average and look to be putting on good cards on SHowtime later this year.
                      EXACTLY!! And PBC is pitting prospects against prospects and there are back and forth battles and that what matters. And at the higher levels, I can name a number of even or near even matchups where the favorite as well as the underdog won, all on PBC unlike BULLSHT Goldenboy cards which are an endless string of setups with no letup, no even matches, no upsets, only prospects with their training wheels welded on. I mean HOW MANY TIMES can they show 3 undefeated featherweight prospects fighting each other's leftovers but not each other??!!! How many times can they show a prospect go against a guy who lost 3 out of his last 5 fights??!! Top Rank does the same exact thing with those Telefutura, Boxing Azteca Saturday shows. Prospects against guaranteed losers. Al Haymon is obviously extremely passionate about Boxing, unlike GBP who claims he wants the best to fight the best but all he does is weld training wheels onto his fighters to keep the gravy train flowing.
                      Last edited by richardt; 10-20-2015, 11:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X