Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Plant: At Some Point, Me And Canelo Are Gonna Get In There And Do Our Thing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A fan of sweet hands Plant and I get he wants a lengthy training camp for the biggest fight of his career...but I get the sense,he himself sees the writing on the wall when he finally does step in with canelo with the tone of these dismissive comments from him lately. His fight with Truax will be his 3rd straight fight against below average competition though so if he doesn't fight canelo next, atleast get in there against Benavidez at the minimum man,your current run of competition is underwhelming to say the least.

Comment

Plant, his family, his wife, his friends, his trainers and anyone else around him knows that he takes an embarrassing brutal beat down from Canelo if they ever fight. He’s gonna hold that belt as long as he can

Comment

Caleb Truax is literally the top rated contender to the IBF title and a former world champion, plant faced the mandatory contender already. After beating Uzcategui....I guess we have a lot of Johnny come lately
        Fans who stared watching boxing in the Mayweather era. Here is a little bit of knowledge for you snot nosed kids....champions face their contenders, that’s how boxing goes, that’s how they became champions themselves....

Comment

"Plant instead will be moved in a different direction, as he next defends his version of the crown versus former titlist Caleb Plant on Jan. 30 live on Fox." I guess Caleb Plant is his own worst enemy.

Comment

Originally posted by rrayvez View Post
            if you actually read this article and many others on this site, you’d know that there was never any actual offer made to plant. So perhaps it’s canelo team that’s throwing out names.
            Just stop with the non-sense already. Two offers made to his Manager Haymon, this time Haymon wanted Canelo to fight one of his other guys with the possibility of getting Plant next. Canelo ended up fighting Smith, if Haymon doesn't present the offers to Plant, it doesn't mean that offers were not made. It's been well documented that Plant is been a fight Canelo has been chasing.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
              Caleb Truax is literally the top rated contender to the IBF title and a former world champion, plant faced the mandatory contender already. After beating Uzcategui....I guess we have a lot of Johnny come lately
              Fans who stared watching boxing in the Mayweather era. Here is a little bit of knowledge for you snot nosed kids....champions face their contenders, that’s how boxing goes, that’s how they became champions themselves....
              Of course, on account of the alphabets the situation is created that not all contenders are equal, even top contenders from one sanction may not be close to those skills/difficulty/danger wise of those of a different sanction body. But that can bring the question of how much blame should (of course only some,not all) fighters take for just jobbing a system their not responsible for creating? Slippery slopes.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingfanatic75 View Post
                I like both boxers very much however Plant is doing this on his terms and not on short notice as seems to be a troubling pattern with Canelo. He wants a full training camp and I respect him for this. That isn’t “clout chasing” that’s called a professional that knows what he wants, when he wants it and not just for a payday.
                He has no problem fighting Truax on short notice, doe.

In any case Plant knows that he is on Canelo's radar for sometime this year so hopefully that is giving him plenty of advance warning so we don't have to hear this excuse anymore in 2021.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenfield02 View Post
                  Just stop with the non-sense already. Two offers made to his Manager Haymon, this time Haymon wanted Canelo to fight one of his other guys with the possibility of getting Plant next. Canelo ended up fighting Smith, if Haymon doesn't present the offers to Plant, it doesn't mean that offers were not made. It's been well documented that Plant is been a fight Canelo has been chasing.
                  0 offers were made to plant. Stop making things up to fit your narrative. Admit you’re wrong and move on.

Comment

Originally posted by budfr View Post
                    Plant is always avoiding David Benavidez with different excuses. He fought bums like Lee and Feigenbutz and now Truax. His only good win is vs Uzcategui and the latter was not concentrated in the fight, basically wanted Plant to win. Benavidez has eeven called him bad names like puzzy, coward, etc. Forget Canelo, fight Benavidez, coward !!!
                    Benevidez has already proven he isn’t professional. He failed a drug test was stripped. He failed on the scales and was stripped. One has to question if he’s even serious about boxing anymore let alone having the discipline to make weight. Does anyone even know what division he fights in anymore? Why would a promoter put up the money to host a match based on the level of risk of Benevidez not showing up as a professional to make weight?

Until Benevidez can establish a history once again that he’s a professional and serious about his career id hold him off any title.

Comment

I got Canelo by ko in this fight,& I got Benevidez by ko too if Plant ever decides hes ready for mexican style.

Comment

Working...
                      X