Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joshua: Not Really Interested in Povetkin, I Hope Wilder Happens

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AJ is going to demolish the Alabama twig wilder aka the fakest paper champion ever

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
      Yeah, sounds like if it's in England it will be September (same day as a potential Canelo-GGG) if it's in Vegas then it would be November which would enable them to have a tune-up each.

It would be better in November IMO because it needs to be THE fight and if GGG-Canelo is in September it will be overshadowed.
      YOu sound like a promoter, not like a Fan! As a fan i dont care about other fighters dates, as a fan i want it as soon as possibel.

Comment

Yeah, sounds like if it's in England it will be September (same day as a potential Canelo-GGG) if it's in Vegas then it would be November which would enable them to have a tune-up each.

It would be better in November IMO because it needs to be THE fight and if GGG-Canelo is in September it will be overshadowed.
        I actually think GGG-Canelo would be overshadowed. Not that the rematch isn't anticipated, but a general public could feel that they've seen that fight already and more interested in the fresh Wilder/Joshua HW Championship of the World.

Either way though, no one from either fight should want to compete with the other. It would only diminish the return for BOTH promotions/fights when separately they could get full attention.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobi.G View Post
          YOu sound like a promoter, not like a Fan! As a fan i dont care about other fighters dates, as a fan i want it as soon as possibel.
          I want it in November because I want to go to the fight and it will be in Vegas if it's in November. If I wasn't going I'd love them the same day.

However I am just being logical. It's the 2nd biggest fight in the sport. It deserves it's own date and to have the full attention of the Boxing world. It would be overshadowed by GGG-Canelo. At least here in LA.

Comment

Let's go champ!

Comment

Fight will be in the UK.

This is how it will go:

Round 1. Dudes feel each other out.

Round 2: AJ jumps on Wilder. Wilder is hurt. Before Wilder can mount one of his famous comebacks, the ref steps in and stops the fight.

Wilder won't get a fair shake in England. I hope he has an immediate rematch clause with America being the locale.

Comment

This surely has to be music to the ears of fans that really want to see this fight made ,rather than ranting about Eddie Hearn or sharing exclusive insights at the negotiation table.

I think pessimists will be disappointed this fight will be made and real fight fans will look forward to the true banter commencing

Comment

Sweeet Jesus Christo! But could you imagine Joshua vs Wilder at Wembley, followed later that night by Canelo/Golovkin 2 in Vegas!!! That would be the biggest night in boxing history

Comment

I want it in November because I want to go to the fight and it will be in Vegas if it's in November. If I wasn't going I'd love them the same day.

However I am just being logical. It's the 2nd biggest fight in the sport. It deserves it's own date and to have the full attention of the Boxing world. It would be overshadowed by GGG-Canelo. At least here in LA.
                    I doubt GGG Canelo overshadows it, this is HW we are talking about - against the 2 biggest HWs right now. Everyone, including the biggest casuals will watch it cuz there is almost a guaranteed KO.

But I don't want it same day or even month, a little space in-between will be better cuz both will take a hit.

Comment

Finally some good news regarding the heavyweight division

Comment

Working...
                      X