Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Anthony Joshua beats two or three out of...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Anthony Joshua beats two or three out of...

Tyson Fury
    David Haye
    Joseph Parker
    Kubrat Pulev
    Dillian Whyte II

In 2018, if Anthony Joshua beats two or three names from this list. Will his legacy be harmed by having not fought Deontay Wilder?

Let's assume that in the same time period Wilder will have fought two or three names from the following list:

Joey Abell
    Tomasz Adamek
    BJ Flores
    Bermane Stiverne III
    Krzysztof Zimnoch

For the record I think a fit and healthy Tyson Fury beats both AJ and Wilder. This is just a theoretical scenario.

Comment

Originally posted by White Willy View Post
      For the record I think a fit and healthy Tyson Fury beats both AJ and Wilder. This is just a theoretical scenario.
      They seem to already be in talks with Parker for a March/April Showdown. If Haye wins next month and manages to get another win next year around the same time i believe it will be AJ vs Haye next August... If things go to plan and Fury has made a come back in april and then again in late summer, I think it will be AJ vs FURY for the years end. Wilder aint going anywhere. AJ vs Haye and AJ vs Fury are huge fights in the UK and will generate more money then boxing Wilder. Fury Vs AJ... 50/50 fight if AJ lands he can put Fury down. Fury has the ability to outbox AJ and make him look ordinary. Cant see his legacy being harmed in any way as long as hes fighting top heavyweights that are interesting fights.

Comment

Haye and Whyte are a joke right now. Fury in 2018 would be too as he is physically is horrid shape and needs time to get fit and take a tune-up or two. You can't just be "not fat" after 2 years and be considered a boxer again.

Parker and Pulev are what I expect him to do. Not ideal, but I expect it to happen. Anything less is weak.

Comment

If he doesn't fight Wilder and Wilder keeps knocking guys out and continues to call AJ out then it will hurt AJ's legacy regardless of who else he defeats. AJ is already starting to look like a chicken now for not wanting Wilder to come to England and fight him in his next fight. AJ vs. Wilder is the fight most fans want and the biggest money maker for AJ. The only reason AJ vs. Wilder isn't happening next is team AJ doesn't want that fight to happen. Wilder made it very clear he wants to fight AJ ASAP and is willing to fight him in England.

Comment

Originally posted by White Willy View Post
            Tyson Fury
            David Haye
            Joseph Parker
            Kubrat Pulev
            Dillian Whyte II

In 2018, if Anthony Joshua beats two or three names from this list. Will his legacy be harmed by having not fought Deontay Wilder?

Let's assume that in the same time period Wilder will have fought two or three names from the following list:

Joey Abell
            Tomasz Adamek
            BJ Flores
            Bermane Stiverne III
            Krzysztof Zimnoch
            You are assuming Wilder will only fight weak opponents even to the extent of fighting Stiverne again. That is a very unfair and bias assumption considering that Wilder try to fight the feared Ortiz and only fought Stiverne because the WBC would strip him of his title if he refused to fight Stiverne. AJ is the one avoiding a fight with Wilder like the plague.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
              You are assuming Wilder will only fight weak opponents even to the extent of fighting Stiverne again. That is a very unfair and bias assumption considering that Wilder try to fight the feared Ortiz and only fought Stiverne because the WBC would strip him of his title if he refused to fight Stiverne. AJ is the one avoiding a fight with Wilder like the plague.
              I was just trying to be logical. Maybe Dominic Breazeale would have been a better name to add to Wilder's possible opponents.

Comment

The boxing world has made Wilder the concensus "mandatory"

anything else won't be looked on well.

Comment

Working...
                X