Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Khan Beats Floyd Easy (McGregor Version)?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Khan Beats Floyd Easy (McGregor Version)?

If Khan had fought the version of Floyd as seen in the Mcgregor bout, he'd either win a clear UD or possibly stop him. Floyd was way too open, susceptible to being hit, with a noticeable decrease in punch accuracy and visibly slower than ever before. At this point is it fair to say that Mayweather would be an easy fight for Khan since he seems to be on the decline? Or do you think Mayweather just purposely fought that way to entertain the crowd and make it a fun fight while secretly still retaining all the reflexes and accuracy that he possessed at his peak (which of course would be a far more difficult fight for Khan to win)?
    Agree
    27.27%
    Maybe / 50-50
    4.55%
    Disagree
    68.18%

khan has a good chance and I like playing devils advocate so khan for the upset

Comment

Mayweather had no worries about Conor. He just carried him and didn't bother using his skill.

I'm fairly confident that Floyd at 40 would beat Khan. He wouldn't fight that way and plenty of fighters have found ways to deal with Khan's speed. It makes me laugh when people claim Khan would be too fast for Floyd. Fighters like Peterson and even Algieri, Diaz to some degree weren't THAT bothered by Khan's speed. Do people really think Floyd wouldn't adjust to it? it's laughable really.

Besides, where is Khan at these days? his last 2 fights was a very average performance v Algieri that was competitive and getting flattened by Canelo as expected. When was his last real good win? i'm not even sure i'd count that version of Alexander a good win.

Khan hasn't had a significant win over a relevant good opponent since Maidana about 7 years ago. It's either been fringe contenders or washed up fighters since then..or losses.
      Last edited by TheBigLug; 10-28-2017, 07:30 PM.

Comment

I don't take the "McGregor version" of Floyd as a real version of Floyd. He fought a guy who clearly has no real power in boxing and felt no threat, that's why he looked so hittable and lazy. He also didn't seem to prepare for the fight seriously and supposedly didn't spar in preparation for it.

The Berto version of Floyd is probably much more realistic, but you have to consider the lay off and the fact that he's now 2 years older, so basically the best possible version of Floyd right now is probably a slightly worse Floyd that fought Berto.

Then again, Khan hasn't had a fight in more than a year either and who knows how good he is right now.

I think Khan would have his moments in the first half of the fight, possible take some rounds, but then he would fade like always and Floyd would figure him out. Probably a 8-4 type of decision win for Floyd.

Comment

Why are you even mentioning Mayweather and Khan in the same sentence?

Comment

Out of all the boxers why tf would you pick khan? I can see if you said someone like Pacquiao or Thurman. Lmaooo saying Khan just lets us know you’re trolling. You lose credit mailing stupid threads son. We’re talking about a guy who got dropped by fuçkn Julio Diaz. Troll

Comment

Khans weak beard stands up vs very few world class fighters and Floyd sure as hell isn't one of them.

Comment

I don't think Khan beat any version of Mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
                  Why are you even mentioning Mayweather and Khan in the same sentence?
                  I think at one point Khan had a real chance in beating Floyd. Especially when Floyd fought Chino and they had that poll thing.

Khan might have a bad chin, but if he just boxed Floyd and didn't take any stupid chances, Khan is pretty hard to beat.

Khans problem is he wants to be faster than what he is and over-compensates speed for form. When that happens, we have what happened with Garcia, dude gets caught doing something really stupid.

If Khan went with Steward when Amir was shopping around for trainers, we would have had a totally different Khan out there.

There are two ways to beat Floyd in his prime.
                  1. Counters
                  2. Boxed from the outside with better reach & speed

Cats thought they could get Floyd with the Castillo blueprint, but all along Floyd loses to Floyd which is counters. Look at when he gets rocked, almost always counters. Same thing happened to RJJ. Got countered into ruin.

Comment

Originally posted by McNulty View Post
                    I think at one point Khan had a real chance in beating Floyd. Especially when Floyd fought Chino and they had that poll thing.

Khan might have a bad chin, but if he just boxed Floyd and didn't take any stupid chances, Khan is pretty hard to beat.

Khans problem is he wants to be faster than what he is and over-compensates speed for form. When that happens, we have what happened with Garcia, dude gets caught doing something really stupid.

If Khan went with Steward when Amir was shopping around for trainers, we would have had a totally different Khan out there.

There are two ways to beat Floyd in his prime.
                    1. Counters
                    2. Boxed from the outside with better reach & speed

Cats thought they could get Floyd with the Castillo blueprint, but all along Floyd loses to Floyd which is counters. Look at when he gets rocked, almost always counters. Same thing happened to RJJ. Got countered into ruin.
                    Khan is to stupid to ever beat Floyd, his IQ is terribly low and gets worse as the fight goes on

Comment

Working...
                    X