Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hurd: Beating Austin Trout Will Show That I'm 'The Real Deal'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hurd: Beating Austin Trout Will Show That I'm 'The Real Deal'

Jarrett Hurd isn't particularly pleased with how he fought against Tony Harrison. The result ultimately is what matters, and Hurd stopped Harrison in the ninth round to win the then-vacant IBF junior middleweight title February 25 in Birmingham, Alabama. Hurd understands, though, that some people probably aren't quite sold on him after his victory over Detroit's Harrison (24-2, 20 KOs).
    [Click Here To Read More]

Except I don't think you will beat Austin Trout.

Comment

Austin showed a lot when he was on top with his wins and I thought he beat Alvarez as many did... but I think he is not going to get by Hurd only for the reason in my mind I really believe he's lost the fire ...I think he's going to fight to survive as the fight goes ...on Hurd by late-round TKO...

Comment

No it will not, but it's a step in the right direction!

Comment

beating someone that has only fought twice in the last 25 months will show you're the real deal....Seems legit.

Comment

What are the odds in this fight? Hurd is the title holder, yet Trout is the favorite, it seems. Why is that?

Comment

Originally posted by chepboxingking View Post
              beating someone that has only fought twice in the last 25 months will show you're the real deal....Seems legit.
              So everyone thinks this is a good matchup and majority of posters seem to back Trout over Hurd. Is Trout a bum in your opinion?.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeMan View Post
                What are the odds in this fight? Hurd is the title holder, yet Trout is the favorite, it seems. Why is that?
                Because Trout has only lost to pretty good - elite fighters.

Whereas Hurd was losing his last fight pretty much the whole time until he landed a shot on a chinny fighter.

This fight will tell us where he's at in terms of skill imo.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeMan View Post
                  I don't know the betting odds, but I doubt Trout is the favorite. He's only favorite to boxing fans that know Trout can still fight and he's facing a guy that was down in the scorecards Vs Harrison, a B level fighter at best, before he was able to land that big shot that ended the fight.

I personally think is a 51/49 fight, with the very slight edge given to Hurd because of Trout inactivity, but no outcome will surprised me.

Comment

Originally posted by StudentOfDaGame View Post
                    So everyone thinks this is a good matchup and majority of posters seem to back Trout over Hurd. Is Trout a bum in your opinion?.
                    He's deft no bum, but can he beat any of the elites at 154? Lara already schooled him BADLY, and he lost a competitive fight vs Charlo. Add that to the fact he's only fought twice in the last 25 months, one of those fight to Joey Hernandez, you honestly feel if anyone beats him they're instantly considered "Real Deal"?

Comment

Working...
                    X