Floyd Mayweather Jr. has 'interest' in Robert Guerrero as next foe

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
    Both sides are to blame..... Trying to pick one makes you look like a homer

And Pirog/Golovkin for Sergio??? Seriously dude??? If anybody deserves that Sergio fight its Geale
    That's what I'm saying. Floyd not voicing anything about the fight since getting released is his fault, Manny not saying he'd take 45% until after signing another fight is his fault.

I'm saying Sergio is a MW, he can stop calling out 147-154 fighters. He has 4 legit fights he can take at 160, 5 if you count the pointless Chavez rematch. Geale, Golovkin, Pirog, and Quillin all could fight Sergio in the next year or two. Instead he's fighting Martin Murray probably.

Comment

I give no credit to Floyd's easy UD/LateTKO(10/11/12) if this pulls through.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
        At least Canelo would be a very big fight at that point.

Guerrero has done more to earn the fight than Canelo, that's for damn sure. But still, Guerrero is nothing more than a decent win over a Top WW for Floyd. Same level as Pac beating Clottey.
        Yeah but let's be real. The welterweight division is garbage. This is the weakest it has been for as long as I can remember. This is a division in which Alexander and Malignaggi are world champions. Nobody has separated themselves from the pack nor deserves to be in the ring with the greatest fighter of this era. C'mon son. Floyd has sparred with dudes better than the contenders at 147.

Pac gets a pass for fighting Clottey because he's active. He fights multiple times per year and fights Juan Manuel Marquez and Timothy Bradley, two of the top 10 pound for pound fighters in the world. Floyd doesn't. He fights, gets his payday and makes YouTube videos flashing the money that we all just gave him.

Floyd vs. Guerrero is a farce. Blatant robbery of people's money who are buying into this Guerrero hype. The outcome will be decided by Round 9.

But I'm jumping to conclusions a little early on here. Let's wait and see what his plans are for the year and what he has to say about this. But knowing his history it's looking like this is his one fight for 2013.
        Last edited by -PBP-; 11-26-2012, 10:33 PM.

Comment

Anyways, Floyd will UD Guerrero if this fight happens. A 117-111/118-110 type decision, given Floyd looks more or less the same as he did against Cotto.

It's on the level of Pac beating Clottey, a decent win over a Top WW. Nothing more or less. At least Guerrero is in his prime I guess.

Comment

Guerrero doesn't have that "It" factor to make it an interesting fight. Ortiz was still green and a mental midget when Floyd fought him, but he was a very explosive and strong WW nevertheless. Guerrero has a good chin, but that's it. He looks more like a sparring partner for Floyd rather than someone you'd pay $60 bucks to see get his head snap back and forth.

Comment

Its a small step up from Ortiz and a step back from Cotto,

Could be a rough night.

But I have Floyd winning of course, unless Floyd gets really old overnight.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                Yeah but let's be real. The welterweight division is garbage. This is the weakest it has been for as long as I can remember. This is a division in which Alexander and Malignaggi are world champions. Nobody has separated themselves from the pack nor deserves to be in the ring with the greatest fighter of this era. C'mon son. Floyd has sparred with dudes better than the contenders at 147.

Pac gets a pass for fighting Clottey because he's active. He fights multiple times per year and fights Juan Manuel Marquez and Timothy Bradley, two of the top 10 pound for pound fighters in the world. Floyd doesn't. He fights, gets his payday and makes YouTube videos flashing the money that we all just gave him.

Floyd vs. Guerrero is a farce. Blatant robbery of people's money who are buying into this Guerrero hype. The outcome will be decided by Round 9.

But I'm jumping to conclusions a little early on here. Let's wait and see what his plans are for the year and what he has to say about this. But knowing his history it's looking like this is his one fight for 2013.
                You think its going to take that long??? I'm going for the under

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
                  Exactly! Hes earned it for me and i would love to see him in the ring vs mayweather to see what he can do.
                  He deserved more than canelo for sure...martines is a MW and floyd can't make even 154...gerrero and pac are his only options..

Comment

Even though Guerrero deserves the Mayweather fight beating strong welterweights Aydin/Berto, I still feel like "Meh"

The fight doesn't interest me at all, Floyd will toy Guerrero all night to a UD. We all know Guerrero can't Knock Floyd out. Berto was Blind and he heard the last bell. One of those situations where the boxer (Guerrero) deserves the fight but isn't ready to fight the champ.

zz.z.z.z.zzzz

Comment

Ehhh I don't know. Guerrero at least is coming off two wins over Top 10 WW's. Clottey hadn't won a fight in 2 years, though he had a close fight against Cotto the year prior to fighting Manny. It's about the same. Oh but I'd pick Guerrero to beat Clottey H2H. Clottey is a human punching bag against anyone that has any volume to their punch out put.
                      A close fight against an elite fighter like Cotto (Floyd thought Clottey won btw) is worth a lot more than a win over Berto, not to mention that Clottey was career welter and a had a good track record there.

Floyd-Pac will never happen, it pisses me off to the fullest. When Floyd is ready, Manny says 50-50 or no fight. When Manny becomes ready, it's when he already has another fight lined up and signed, for instance Manny finally agreeing to take lesser % again after signing to fight Marquez. I hope to god that fight happens, but I won't hold my breath.
                      C'mon dude. I can believe you're actually spinning those two instances as Manny's fault. Manny wanting to 50/50 like the whole world believes it should be? The nerve of him! And we all know Mayweather wasn't going to fight this year when the JMM rematch was made (50 cent told Arum just as much) so it's an irrelevant point. (he didn't fight this year btw)
                      Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 11-26-2012, 11:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X