Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fighter you hated, that eventually became one of your favorites?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Used to h8 Floyd Mayweather Jr. big tyme; I always rooted against him (starting with the Gatti fight). I guess I was drinking the Kool Aid Larry Merchant was serving up during Mayweather's fights.

The Hatton fight made me respect Mayweather and his superior boxing skills and I admired the way he outboxed Ricky and KO'd him rather effortlessly. Since then I've become a bigger fan of his and appreciate his mastery of the 'sweet science.'

Comment

Paulie and broner

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Paulie and broner

Comment

Originally posted by Imatroll View Post
          Did you even watch the fight? It was at 145lb. That Cotto was much better before manny slaughtered him.
          maybe before Margarito broke his face

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
            Used to h8 Floyd Mayweather Jr. big tyme; I always rooted against him (starting with the Gatti fight). I guess I was drinking the Kool Aid Larry Merchant was serving up during Mayweather's fights.

The Hatton fight made me respect Mayweather and his superior boxing skills and I admired the way he outboxed Ricky and KO'd him rather effortlessly. Since then I've become a bigger fan of his and appreciate his mastery of the 'sweet science.'
            The Hatton fight had a lot to do with turning me too. It took me a while to accept it but the man is just on another level

Comment

Originally posted by dibzvincent143
              NUMBER ONE: FLOYD

I was a casual fan before, and casual fans just love excitement, knockouts, blood, wars and everything, so I hated him.. I just couldn't see his greatness before and I was dam bored during his fights.

But when I furthered watch boxing, I eventually like him and think he's one of the best and I appreciate everything he does in the ring, sad to say most filipino's think he's boring..

NUMBER TWO: Hatton

I hated his wrestling style... but now, I like him and want him back, because I believe in his hprime days he would've bullied the likes of bradley, alexander, khan, danny and JMM at 140 or even a 140 version of cotto.. yes he often hugs and clinch, but I believe they would have had a nightmare against him at 140..
              Not me......

Comment

add me to the Froch list. As an American, we never saw him fight; he was just some ugly dude that had fought nobody and was constantly talking **** about Calzaghe.

The Super Six was a really special tournament that allowed everyone to see how much of a badass the Cobra is. He has become one of my favorite fighters of the era.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiozzo View Post
                  the ''it'' movie was just terrible, it didn't live up to the quality of the book IMO

Watching as an adult is a lot different than watching as a kid. I know plenty of people that developed fear of clowns because of "IT". I'm just a big Steven King fan.

Comment

Didn't like Miguel Cotto when he first came out because I thought he was an overrated hype job but as I followed his career I became a big fan of his.

Comment

Working...
                    X