Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What will/should Manny and Freddie's strategy be for Mayweather?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What will/should Manny and Freddie's strategy be for Mayweather?

What will Roach and Manny’s game-plan (and possible plan B) be for Mayweather? What would you do in order to have Pacman fight the right fight? Keep in mind the southpaw-orthodox dynamics and how Pac’s offensive left and Mayweather’s defense and offensive right will play out in this context.

Roach before the Mosley-Mayweather fight:

“Mayweather makes some basic mistakes- like when he sticks his chin out and puts his hands down- but none of it matters because of his speed. He uses the shoulder roll a lot obviously. While he seems to use it more defensively than offensively, he really uses it as a trap: He’ll lure an opponent into thinking it’s only a defensive move, and that’s when he’ll roll and throw his right. It’s what he did to Oscar (De La Hoya) , and caught him a couple of times with that shot in the second half of the fight.”

Pacquiao and Roach in the Clottey post-fight interview:

Roach: “Well, Manny’s a little disappointed in Floyd and his accusations, he makes fun of him a little bit when we’re in the gym, and he shows me how he’d crush that defense. And we will crush him.”
    Pacquiao: “I think his style is not difficult style like Clottey, it’s easy to study…”

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Vadrigar.; 06-26-2010, 01:10 PM.

Throw a bunch of punches and hope you land a hayemaker.

Seriously..

If he tries to get into a thinking match with Floyd he'll be KO'd.
    Last edited by B.U.R.N.E.R; 06-26-2010, 01:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
      Throw a bunch of pucnhes and hope you land a hayemaker.

Seriously..

If he tries to get into a thinking match with Floyd he'll be KO'd.
      Yep, thats about all there is to it.

Comment

Originally posted by MmuhammadM View Post
        . He uses the shoulder roll a lot obviously. While he seems to use it more defensively than offensively, he really uses it as a trap: He’ll lure an opponent into thinking it’s only a defensive move, and that’s when he’ll roll and throw his right. It’s what he did to Oscar (De La Hoya) , and caught him a couple of times with that shot in the second half of the fight.”

…”[/COLOR][/b]

Thoughts?
        He caught Shane BEAUTIFULLY with that same shot around round 8. It backed Shane off... can someone make me a gif of that, please?

When I saw that, it reminded me of what Floyd told Shane during the Face/Off. FMJ told SSM that it looks easy when you are ringside, but when you get into the ring, it's a different story. I bet Shane never thought he'd fall into that trap.

Comment

Try to hit Floyd as fast and hard as he can.

Comment

yep. they are gonna try to keep Floyd on the defensive..

throw as much as possible.

so they can make Floyd as inactive as possible with the hope of breaking him down late in the fight.

Comment

Question:

When's the last time Floyd got caught with a good shot in the second half of a fight? Hell, when's the last time Floyd got caught with a good shot after round 4?

That tells you the plan. Blitz Floyd early. Get him hurt. make him tentative. Try to end the fight early.

If not, Stay active and aggressive to put rounds in the bank.

Comment

Pac's boxing skills as of late are horrendously underrated. I can easily see Pac doing a Judah on Mayweather but actually not imploding after 4 rounds and beating him badly before knocking him out around 10.

Comment

Originally posted by mr.applesauce View Post

if he does outbox Floyd i'd be surprised
                  C'mon....let's not go crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by Shattered Jaw View Post
                    Pac's boxing skills as of late are horrendously underrated. I can easily see Pac doing a Judah on Mayweather but actually not imploding after 4 rounds and beating him badly before knocking him out around 10.
                    Only a boxing novice thinks Judah imploded.

Isn't it amazing how all of Floyd's opponents "implode".

Comment

Working...
                    X