Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gennady Golovkin vs Saul Alvarez. Who Wins. Public Poll

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This should be an easy fight if GGG stays on the outside and works his jab keeping out of range of Canelos counter and combinations. But something tells me thats not going to happen. Canelo is banking on GGG not being able to fight on the inside and will try to have the fight in the center of the ring. He probably watched the Monroe fight and thinks he can lure ggg into a close range fight without having to move constantly. He ll try to use his headmovement and waist movement and try to get off combos that way instead of trying to use foot speed (maybe why his team is ok trying to bulk up). Hes going to try to take this to the scorecards.

Comment

• wish i could change my pick

i think GGG is gonna stop Canelo, i just think his slow ass feet are not what you want in this fight

canelo's best chance of winning are to fight moving forward, being first, and hope his power is respectable

my guess is once he gets hit clean in the early rounds, his whole gameplan is gonna change

Comment

• Originally posted by joesaiditstrue View Post
        wish i could change my pick

i think GGG is gonna stop Canelo, i just think his slow ass feet are not what you want in this fight

canelo's best chance of winning are to fight moving forward, being first, and hope his power is respectable

my guess is once he gets hit clean in the early rounds, his whole gameplan is gonna change
        I'm leaning in the other direction

I think Canelo is going to find it very easy to hit Golovkin. I expect him to put the sort of combinations Brook put on him, but with a lot more behind them. The unknowns for me are the extent to which Golovkin can control the action with his jab, Golovkin's ability to soak up Canelo's shots, and how much Canelo can actually move if he has to.

I hope Golovkin wins. Canelo has tried to wait him out and I never like to see anyone get rewarded for that shit. But there's a really good argument for Canelo, and I wouldn't have said that 2-3 years ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sox8055 View Post
          I got Canelo by KO or TKO. Speed, combination and counterpunching abilities, reflexes and iron chin. GGG has everything and new going for him as well, Canelo will not have seen this type of fighter before. Maybe first couple of rounds for GGG but eventually I see Canelo taking over the fight and GGG getting desperate for a Kill leading him like a bull into the matador. I really like both fighters tbh. I did never think Canelo would have made this far but he keeps surprising me every time. GGG is a war machine who comes to give a great fight everytime and never disappoints.
          On the surface Canelo looks to have improved a lot. But I wonder how real that improvement is. He arguably lost to Lara and Trout, and how much can you read into wins over Chavez Jr, Khan, and Liam Smith?

The Jacobs fight highlighted some of Golovkin's biggest shortcomings, but I'm not at all convinced Canelo would beat Jacobs either. Very hard to say of course, because 154 and 160 have been divorced since Golovkin's emergence and there are very few fights that give you a sense of how they compare.

Maybe 154 has been overrated? Maybe the levels of opposition the two have faced are not so different?

Comment

• 54% picked GGG by KO/TKO...that means a Nelo win will get discredited here...NSB vets remember Swift vs Matthysse..the aftermath was hideous lol...the aftermath to this one will be similar...I got Nelo

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
              I'm leaning in the other direction

I think Canelo is going to find it very easy to hit Golovkin. I expect him to put the sort of combinations Brook put on him, but with a lot more behind them. The unknowns for me are the extent to which Golovkin can control the action with his jab, Golovkin's ability to soak up Canelo's shots, and how much Canelo can actually move if he has to.

I hope Golovkin wins. Canelo has tried to wait him out and I never like to see anyone get rewarded for that shit. But there's a really good argument for Canelo, and I wouldn't have said that 2-3 years ago.
              everything you said is true and i agree

but the fact remains, canelo's feet are gonna cause him to get hit by Golovkin and we have no idea how he's gonna react to his power, we can only go by how real middleweights in the past have reacted to his power and non-middleweights (Brook)

paulie malignaggi (who has obvious bias to boxers vs punchers) said "it just seems like everybody Gennady touches goes down" which is the truth. he's picking Golovkin to win in like 6 rounds, he seems really confident in his pick.
              also how is canelo's new-found muscle'd up body gonna affect his already questionable stamina

why would canelo even bother adding a bunch of muscle in this camp, doesn't make much sense to me. it doesn't add power, it limits your stamina which leads to getting tired faster. even if they added it to be able to absorb more shots from GGG, that's debatable that it will have that affect

Comment

• I think this fight is gonna look like Cotto Margarito I

Canelo is gonna be doing well early on, might not be landing as many clean shots as Cotto did in the first half of that fight, but Canelo will be getting off flashy shots but GGG will be landing rather easily, big nasty punches that Canelo has never felt before in a live fight

Gun to my head, GGG by stoppage 8-9. which is the under 9.5 if i were to bet money on it

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                  On the surface Canelo looks to have improved a lot. But I wonder how real that improvement is. He arguably lost to Lara and Trout, and how much can you read into wins over Chavez Jr, Khan, and Liam Smith?

The Jacobs fight highlighted some of Golovkin's biggest shortcomings, but I'm not at all convinced Canelo would beat Jacobs either. Very hard to say of course, because 154 and 160 have been divorced since Golovkin's emergence and there are very few fights that give you a sense of how they compare.

Maybe 154 has been overrated? Maybe the levels of opposition the two have faced are not so different?
                  to me, it isn't about if Canelo would beat Jacobs or not. it's about, can Canelo expose the supposed shortcomings that Jacobs exposed

Jacobs had a significant reach advantage in that fight and used it well. Look what happened when Matthysse fought somebody with average power but a massive reach advantage. You gotta take more risks getting into punching range vs a guy with power and a long reach. This is what made Tommy Hearns such a machine, guys had to take huge risks getting inside punching range

Canelo has a reach disadvantage and is shorter than Golovkin. Golovkin will land on Canelo and won't have to take risks to do it.

Comment

• I picked Canelo to win a close UD but lately I've been feeling like he will box the **** out of G

Comment

• this fight is way intriguing. a true pick em' fight. I'm stumped. I've got nothin folks I couldn't predict the winner of this fight to save my life.

Comment

Working...
                      X