No announcement yet.

Is age 27, old?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is age 27, old?

Sometimes I think I havnt not done anything memorable in my life.. Im not married, no kids, havnt traveled much
    I feel scared of getting old and have lots of regrets..
    I havnt even found a career yet.. Im thinking of going back to school.

No 27 is not old, it should be the prime of your life

What do you do?

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
      No 27 is not old, it should be the prime of your life

What do you do?
      I work at a supermarket.. part time.. to pay my bills. I feel embarrass to tell people what I do sometime.

I failed miserably at school, I want to a career that I love

Comment

I don't think so. Though creeping up to that 30 feels like unfamiliar territory.

Comment

Originally posted by phook View Post
          I work at a supermarket.. part time.. to pay my bills. I feel embarrass to tell people what I do sometime.

There will never be a perfect time to head back or find something you like... .just go and do it and everything will fall into place. I say next chance you get head to school and I guarantee that the first semester you pass you're going to realize you can bang out a few more and be where you want to be. And if school isn't something you're interested in just go out and look for different things to get int. Remember......Complacency is a disease. Keep pushing forward. Good luck and remember just do it. I believe in you (no ****) just coming from a person who's been there and is in school again.

Comment

Why only part time? Sounds like, you're just making the motions. My mother went back to school (she graduated from college in Ukraine) a few years ago at 45 here in NY and now makes 100K a year

Its all about ambition, which i lack at times as well

Comment

Sometimes I think I havnt not done anything memorable in my life.. Im not married, no kids, havnt traveled much
              Hell yeah bro you're old as FUCK!

Comment

It's very old...you'll probably be dead soon...better take out life insurance while you still can.

Comment

It's young enough to pick your balls up and do something to change your life.

Comment

Na did its not old. I had people aged in their 40's in my classes at university lol. Just spend some time looking at what jobs you can see yourself doing once you get qualified...what jobs you find interesting.

In the UK we have access courses which you do at college they last 1 year and are for people who are 21 and over and want to basically get to university, they are meant to be the equivalent of A-Levels which they aren't but who cares lol they get you to uni.

Or you could learn how to invest and just go that route, which is risky and you will work a ****load of hours for about 5 years at least.

Honestly though by the time I am 27 (under 5 years) I would like to be set in my area and earning a good wage and have some job security so you left it late but you still have time and you have no dependent so you are actually lucky in that sense if you look at it in that way. OR you could learn a trade and do an apprenticeship. Or you could learn how to webdesign/code, there are always jobs in IT in the UK for people who are great with IT, I find it HIGHLY boring but who knows maybe you'd like it.

Find what suits you man, take a little bit of time out and have a look and don't give up. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                    X