Collapse
No announcement yet.

Duva: Rigondeaux hand not broken, really nasty bruise

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rigo went from a p4p candidate to a laughing stock overnight.

Comment

Originally posted by leathernvouges View Post
      Can u break down what u saw cause I saw him missing a lot and winning rounds because of activity not because he delivered a beating I don’t think the fight ever opened up because rigo was in his shell
      You were serious? Anyone could see that things were bad and likely to get worse. Shelled up, holding at every opportunity and still getting hit. If reducing a fighter to this is not schooling him, then the term has no meaning.

Comment

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
        Cuz the **** bob was sayin after the donaire fight, he said it was a **** fight & boring. What did you hear after that? You heard it FROM: espn & a lot of the fans. Do you think that Rigo/donaire fight was **** & boring?? No! Next thing you know nobody wants to fight Rigo so Rigo has to move up two weight divisions to fight loma. The dude rigo fought before loma didn't even want to fight Rigo he FLOPPED in boxing! LMMFAO! This aint basketball!

Its kind of like a Dr. finding a cure for cancer & aids but he gets shunned from the medical field..............Rigo got shunned in boxing....& for the record rigo didn't put any effort in this fight, I think it was the only time he ever looked "boring."
        While I agree that Arum trashed him I don't think we should make that the excuse for why Rigo's career faltered. Arum has talked plenty of shhh about other fighters who have left him and they have mostly been successful. Hell if Rios hadn't taken a sabbatical he would've made decent money, Gamboa signed with an amateur and it cost him his career but not one of them has lost any money because Arum bashed them.

At some point you have to realize that the man himself is to blame for what transpired post arum. Rigo could've appeared on ESPN deportes, could've done the local spanish sports broadcasts but he won't leave his poolside. Hell there is a quote from Diaz from years ago criticizing him for the same thing in flat out spanish, it's the one and only time we saw Rigo on camera outside of a fight event. Inaction on your part doesn't breed opportunity it steals it from you.

Comment

come on, give the guy a break - he got a boo-boo on his hand

Comment

Working...
          X