Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where is Fedor on your P4P/GOAT lists?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is Fedor on your P4P/GOAT lists?

I've been snooping some other MMA forum sites like sherdog are saying he's not even top 5. I have him as number 2 under silva and thas only because he lost a few fights in strikeforce while Anderson has not declined recently.

My top 3:
    Anderson
    Fedor
    Bones Jones
    EDIT: Forgot about Hendo. Hendo would be at 3, jones at 4
    Last edited by KidKwik; 06-29-2013, 04:04 PM.

Hard to make a P4P list at this point but the top two for me are Fedor (#1) and Anderson (#2).

Comment

Really? MMA has been around for like 20+ years now, at least professionally. You can't make a P4P list yet?

Comment

Emelianenko is #1 ive seen his opponents and compare it to Silva's [where they are in their careers] and I find it laughable to be honest.. I think silva is a DISTANT #3 or #4..

oh and by the way they recently asked silvas P4P list and he had bj penn couture and chuck liddel as his top 5 or whatever... not kidding..

Comment

That's because UFC fanboys try to act like his losses in strikeforce were him in his prime. His quality of opposition fell off when PRIDE died, Arlovski & Sylvia werent even at their peak when Fedor took them out. They were good wins but Fedor was on the decline.

He got caught by Werdum which would have never happened when he was in PRIDE. Fedor would have steam rolled Silva in PRIDE and probably would have beat Hendo in his prime even when Dan was a stronger wrestler.

I think Anderson is up there with Fedor, if he beat GSP or Jones their would be no question but right now it's debatable and I don't think either Anderson or Fedor would be wrong.

Comment

Pretty much agree with Nate and HayZ. I would rank Fedor #1. An elite win, like Jones, could put Silva ahead. I do think Silva is a more skilled technical striker though. And if you're doing a top 5 pound for pound list, Henderson could be in there, Sakuraba probably should be. And Silva's list may not make much sense, but at least it's not as bad as the one on Muscle and Fitness that put Randy Couture at #1. Even HE didn't agree with that.

Comment

Originally posted by iLovesoccermoms View Post
              Emelianenko is #1 ive seen his opponents and compare it to Silva's [where they are in their careers] and I find it laughable to be honest.. I think silva is a DISTANT #3 or #4..

oh and by the way they recently asked silvas P4P list and he had bj penn couture and chuck liddel as his top 5 or whatever... not kidding..
              Anderson likes to troll the media.

Comment

Fedor is #3 after Anderson and Hendo pound for pound(Hendo got over him by a hair after he ko'd him), and it's only a matter of time before Jones surpasses him. Silva is just far, far above him wether you're looking at stats(more top 10 wins than anybody including Fedor, all the records in UFC and soon he may even surpass Fedor's unbeaten streak) or fighting on its own. Silva is just much more skilled and well rounded and nobody has that kind of dynamic highlight reel.

People just refuse to let go of their nostalgia. But one thing has always made me chuckle: Anderson started his career before Fedor, is older than Fedor, yet he still is at the top of the sport years after Fedor actually retired. People forget Anderson is in his late 30s and still #1.

Comment

Originally posted by BKM-2010 View Post
                  Fedor is #3 after Anderson and Hendo pound for pound(Hendo got over him by a hair after he ko'd him), and it's only a matter of time before Jones surpasses him. Silva is just far, far above him wether you're looking at stats(more top 10 wins than anybody including Fedor, all the records in UFC and soon he may even surpass Fedor's unbeaten streak) or fighting on its own. Silva is just much more skilled and well rounded and nobody has that kind of dynamic highlight reel.

People just refuse to let go of their nostalgia. But one thing has always made me chuckle: Anderson started his career before Fedor, is older than Fedor, yet he still is at the top of the sport years after Fedor actually retired. People forget Anderson is in his late 30s and still #1.
                  In terms of striking I could agree with saying he is more skilled than Fedor (even though dude got outstruck by Sonnen somehow in the first fight) but he is definitely not more well rounded. His grapple/ground/submission game does not even come close to Fedor.

The latter bit is crazy man but some people just deteriorate quicker than others, especially when you are getting hit by huge heavyweights when they outweigh you by 50+lbs at least at times. Fedor is like 2/3 inches shorter than Anderson and he's fought huge HWs and beating them for years and years.

You also have to understand that Anderson only hit his stride in 2006 (his record in PRIDE was not great), Fedor was beating everyone since 2001 (arguably 2000 since the dodgy org rule stoppage) till 2010. You're right though, Andersons longevity is amazing and I'm pretty sure it'll continue with a win VS Weidman, as long as he avoids the Jones fight.

Comment

^^ You again, the resident Anderson SIlva hater. I'm not going to do this nonsense with you again, but you're wrong. Anderson beat the #1 p4p Sakurai in the early 00s before you even knew Fedor, so he had his moments even then. He was always known as the most talented guy in shutebox, it just took the right motivation and training(Nogueira BJJ is what made him hit his prime fighting wise) for him to show his true potential.

And Anderson's ground game is superior to Fedor's. Fedor did not train BJJ which is why he made so many rookie mistakes against Werdum and Bigfoot. Go check the Gracie BJJ breakdown of those fights to see how great he was on the ground. On top of that, Fedor cannot even perform a triangle choke due to the shape of his legs(check his book). The only thing Fedor has over him is standing grappling considering his strong base in Judo/Sambo and takedown skills although Anderson has his incredible Thai clinch.

Comment

Working...
                    X