Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'Black Panther' Hype: "Erik Killmonger Is The Best Marvel Villain Since The Joker"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
    [/B]

The character Killamonger is an MIT graduate and military expert. He wasn't supposed to be a street thug. Either you didn't understand what you were watching, don't know anything about the comic book, or both.
    Have you seen the movie? I'm not going to add spoilers but his character does have a "hood" influence.

And you're telling me I don't what I'm talking about? Idiot.. None of that has anything to do with Jordan's delivery anyway, moron. He could be from here or there, this or that - that isn't the point of my ****ing post, geek.

Comment

Originally posted by B.UTLER View Post
      Yes at least for me. Worst marvel movie ive seen. Its not super bad just worst among the MCU. It has some good moments, overall its meh.

You got all black actors and black director expect a racial tone to it.
      I'll give that a strong second. Easily the worst Marvel movie by far. You can tell the director and cinematographer were in way over their heads. I really like Coogler but he wasn't ready for this. They missed so many story beats it was absurd and I'd swear that Rachel Morrison only used two lenses for the entire production.

The only time things really opened up and we got any perspective in the scenes is when the ILM guys took over and what we were seeing in the frame was almost completely CGI. Other than that it was downright claustrophobic.

Almost no practical, live action master shots and few if any true closeups. Everything was a medium closeup or medium singles and doubles.

Over and over and over she used the same framing and perspective.. The battle sequences were chaos. For Marvel as a studio to go from the triumph that was Civil War in how far they've come in creating sharp, linear fight scenes and battle sequences with seamless continuity to this; was about as far backwards of a step that could be taken.

Comment

Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
        That's Michael B. Jordan's character. I have a friend that works at one of the studios that made this claim. Casey Neistat (a Youtuber who I don't know anything about) also allegedly claimed this after a recent screening of the movie. Additional buzz about Michael B. Jordan getting nominated for Best Supporting Actor next awards season for this character on the Gold Derby forum as well.

Thoughts?
        Joker is a DC Villain and no one is a greater villain than the joker

Comment

Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
          I haven't seen Black Panther buy I'm going to our on a limb here to say Ledgers (RIP) Joker was a ridiculous, over the top, scenery chewing, Method Acting parody, ham fest of the highest order. Caesar Romero was better in the role. Even with white power over his mustache.
          I agree that Heath Ledger's Joker is insanely overrated. Nothing beats the original.

Comment

Have you seen the movie? I'm not going to add spoilers but his character does have a "hood" influence.

And you're telling me I don't what I'm talking about? Idiot.. None of that has anything to do with Jordan's delivery anyway, moron. He could be from here or there, this or that - that isn't the point of my ****ing post, geek.
            Not only have I seen the movie but I also know the character. You're complaining that he came across as too educated to be a villain (which doesn't make sense) when the character was supposed to be educated LOL. He wasn't supposed to be a gang member from the hood lol.

What happened is that you displayed your ignorance by implying that college graduates can't be criminals I just pointed it out. Dumbass.

Comment

I just watched it.. He was aight

Comment

Not only have I seen the movie but I also know the character. You're complaining that he came across as too educated to be a villain (which doesn't make sense) when the character was supposed to be educated LOL. He wasn't supposed to be a gang member from the hood lol.

What happened is that you displayed your ignorance by implying that college graduates can't be criminals I just pointed it out. Dumbass.
                Were you dropped as child? WHERE did I do that? You using your 65 IQ to filter the meaning of my words isn't going to work, mental midget.

Comment

Originally posted by Build That Wall View Post
                  Joker is a DC Villain and no one is a greater villain than the joker
                  Yes I'm aware.

Comment

BTW, you suggesting that being from the "hood" and being uneducated could somehow be synonymous with each other shows how truly ******ed and ignorant you must be. You're trying to put those words in my mouth but you actually typed them. ****ing prick.. The last part is so stupid I can't even comment.

Comment

Were you dropped as child? WHERE did I do that? You using your 65 IQ to filter the meaning of my words isn't going to work, mental midget.
                      You noted that Jordan finished Howard and it came across in his role making him an unrealistic villain. College is totally irrelevant when it comes to criminals and villains unless you're just really stupid. Especially when the character is college educated and described as being near genius level.

Read your original post. I'm not going to point out your ignorance for you when it's there for everyone to see.

Comment

Working...
                      X