No announcement yet.

Gruber himself tries to defend Obamacare - Doesn't go so well for him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    The problem is that while “Obamacare” as this vague thing few people understand is quite unpopular, most of the things Obamacare actually does are quite popular. Undoing them in one fell swoop would be an absolutely catastrophic disruption of the American health-care system, and undoing them at all will risk an enormous backlash.
    Yeah, we're loving those huge premium increases. Over 100% in Arizona, iirc.

See, there you go again!

'The American people are too stupid to know what they want.'

Yeah, yeah, you arrogant Grubers played that card already when we first said to not ram through Obamacare because it would raise premiums. And us "non experts" were right, while your MIT professor "experts" were dead wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
      Just sit back and watch. Trump supporters will not get a lot of the promises he "sold" to them during the campaign.
      As I told Dunn, time will tell.

I'm optimistic.

Who he puts in his Cabinet and the first 100 days will give us a very good idea if we got hoodwinked or not.

We know the Democrats snookered us via Gruber's boasting admission, so we can't trust their side to be honest with their promises. Give Trump a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        I can't see how he allows the law that provides healthcare for his support base to be repealed.
        How do you know it's Trump's base benefiting from Obamacare??

For fun, source please....

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
          As I told Dunn, time will tell.

I'm optimistic.

Who he puts in his Cabinet and the first 100 days will give us a very good idea if we got hoodwinked or not.

We know the Democrats snookered us via Gruber's boasting admission, so we can't trust their side to be honest with their promises. Give Trump a chance.
          What are the top three issues you want him to tackle?

Comment

What are the top three issues you want him to tackle?
            1. Tax cuts (across the board)

2. Regulation cuts

3. Foreign policy

Note; Obviously repealing Obamacare is huge, that falls under #2 , fyi.

If you want more specifics, etc feel free to ask.

Comment

1. Tax cuts (across the board)

2. Regulation cuts

3. Foreign policy

Note; Obviously repealing Obamacare is huge, that falls under #2 , fyi.

If you want more specifics, etc feel free to ask.
              Get more specific on foreign policy. I have seen your views on tax and on environment regulations.

Comment

Get more specific on foreign policy. I have seen your views on tax and on environment regulations.
                We need to stop fighting undeclared wars. Trump promises to do that. I'm quite curious who his Sec of State will be. I'd love to see Jim Webb get that position.

We need to stop paying for the defense of other nations. We pay our defense bills, they need to pay theirs.

We need to be strong and resolute in our foreign policy. No more 'red lines' that people cross and nothing happens. And no more disrespecting us by attacking our ships, buzzing our planes, and even capturing and filming our sailors/soldiers.

I guess I can include the trade deals here, too. We need to get out of NAFTA and not implement TPP. We should also use tariffs on those countries who have been taking us to the cleaners.

Comment

Lol, Dunn just got b*tch-slapped the hell outta this thread.

Comment

We need to stop fighting undeclared wars. Trump promises to do that. I'm quite curious who his Sec of State will be. I'd love to see Jim Webb get that position.

We need to stop paying for the defense of other nations. We pay our defense bills, they need to pay theirs.

We need to be strong and resolute in our foreign policy. No more 'red lines' that people cross and nothing happens. And no more disrespecting us by attacking our ships, buzzing our planes, and even capturing and filming our sailors/soldiers.

I guess I can include the trade deals here, too. We need to get out of NAFTA and not implement TPP. We should also use tariffs on those countries who have been taking us to the cleaners.
                    I watching to see if America stops paying for their allies defense programs because that's how America secures support in a region. You want payments to Israel to stop too?

When is the last time someone crossed a red line and nothing happened?

What countries have been taking America to the cleaners?

Comment

Thought this thread was about me lol. Funny cause I'm not a fan of obamacare and am in the hospital noe

Comment

Working...
                      X