Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do people pretend Ortiz is a good opponent for Wilder?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do people pretend Ortiz is a good opponent for Wilder?

Ortiz only had wins when he was juicing, after he was busted he looked like crap every fight and has done nothing since then.

Guy was a fraud 100% just like Margarito and is like 50 years old.

Why is he a good win for Wilder and why is Wilder fighting him AGAIN when there are young prime opponents out there???

Ortiz is a good opponent for anybody. Having said that I don't care to see a rematch with Wilder but I'll be rooting for Ortiz.

Comment

Are you crazy?

Ortiz almost stopped Wilder.

Imagine what Ortiz would've done to AJ.

He wouldn't have climbed off the canvas four times, he would've been out cold.

Comment

At least the Ortiz haters aren’t calling him fat anymore. I wonder what changed over the last two weeks...

Comment

Ortiz is too old and too slow at this point to avoid wilder's power.

Wilder by KO.

Comment

He was beating and almost stopped Wilder so he is already a lot better than most of the guys Wilder has fought. Having said that, he gassed against Wilder and ultimately crumbled, now he is even older so I cant see the result being any different (I actually think Wilder will take him out sooner).

Comment

He’s the best opponent ready right now.

But yeah I worry about him.

He’s old. And has hypertension. Of
              Course the BP issue could be lies but if it isn’t I don’t really know why he’s boxing.

He wouldn’t get approved over here

Comment

Wilder might win, but he needs to stay 100% focused.

You make one mistake against Ortiz, and you're in trouble.

Highly skilled punchers are always dangerous no matter the age.

Pacquiao's the same age as Ortiz, and he's bout to whoop Thurman's ass.

Comment

I hope this is a troll thread, because surely you don’t genuinely know so little about the sport you follow.

Go back and watch their last fight...
                  Observe who controls the centre of ring, who is scared to throw punches because of constant counters, who was saved by the bell in rd 7, and who had the CORRUPT referee David Fields give them an extra 20 crucial seconds rest at start of round 8 for NO GOOD REASON. Observe who was punching to the body, dictating the pace of the fight, picking off from range and the list goes on.

How many southpaw hw’s with power that counterpunch in the top 50 in world weighing 230+ pounds? Where do you get good sparring for camp?

Wilder got through with his right hand, although in hindsight he would have won anyway with the judges and ref on his side.

I take my hat off to Wilder that he is willing fight anyone but actually watching him fight is painful. Worst technique for a champion ever!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                    He’s the best opponent ready right now.

But yeah I worry about him.

He’s old. And has hypertension. Of
                    Course the BP issue could be lies but if it isn’t I don’t really know why he’s boxing.

He wouldn’t get approved over here
                    He's clearly not the best opponent if you are making all these excuses for him.

Comment

Working...
                    X