Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lomachenko vs. Linares a Possibility, Says Golden Boy President

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jas View Post
    whats your plays this week mate?

btw boxing coalition podcast about to start:

http://mixlr.com/the-boxing-coalition/
    lol, i literally just had a peep at some of the odds, i completely forgot horn was even fighting!

Only seen cocoron once, maybe twice but i bet on him to win his last fight and he actually lost to the black guy and got a controversial decision, hes a face first brawler with a bit of pop, not sure how good his chin is but i expect a horn stoppage @ just under evens.
    self?

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
      lol, i literally just had a peep at some of the odds, i completely forgot horn was even fighting!

Only seen cocoron once, maybe twice but i bet on him to win his last fight and he actually lost to the black guy and got a controversial decision, hes a face first brawler with a bit of pop, not sure how good his chin is but i expect a horn stoppage @ just under evens.
      self?
      hows his chin?

i was lookin at horn decision at 2/1

Comment

hows his chin?

i was lookin at horn decision at 2/1
        Not sure, but hell be walking forwards the whole fight and doesnt exactly have any kind of defense, don't think horn will start running around the ring to a decision infront of his homecrowd with this kind of opposition. Horn has a decent right hand, even if cocorons chin is good he'll likely get TKO'd on sustained damage IMO.

Comment

Not sure, but hell be walking forwards the whole fight and doesnt exactly have any kind of defense, don't think horn will start running around the ring to a decision infront of his homecrowd with this kind of opposition. Horn has a decent right hand, even if cocorons chin is good he'll likely get TKO'd on sustained damage IMO.
          bookies have ko at 60% chance, what do you think it is?

horn got a cut in sparring so gonna wanna protect that imo and if it opens up then the fight is gonna go to a technical decision

Comment

I think it would looks great aesthetically. Linares throws great punches.

Loma would beat him easily but I'd like to see the fight next year.

Comment

bookies have ko at 60% chance, what do you think it is?

horn got a cut in sparring so gonna wanna protect that imo and if it opens up then the fight is gonna go to a technical decision
              Generous IMO, Cocoron is a British level fighter, i would be pretty surprised if Horn doesnt stop him.

He got stopped by williams (that was the other fight i saw him in) where he showed toughness and alot of heart, he was getting battered. Im not sure williams is a much bigger puncher than Horn though despite him being a division above.

edit: yeah your right about cuts, cocoron goes in with his head constantly too..

what is that podcast lol? those dudes were chatting rubbish.

Comment

Generous IMO, Cocoron is a British level fighter, i would be pretty surprised if Horn doesnt stop him.

He got stopped by williams (that was the other fight i saw him in) where he showed toughness and alot of heart, he was getting battered. Im not sure williams is a much bigger puncher than Horn though despite him being a division above.

edit: yeah your right about cuts, cocoron goes in with his head constantly too..

what is that podcast lol? those dudes were chatting rubbish.
                lol my favourite podcast man

i dunno man, i think horn is just a beast of an athlete and wont be taking massive risks for the ko , thats not really his style, i see a lot of clinching and i see horn boxing and moving on outside , and i dont think hes good enough to land in combination on corcoran , was williams corcoran competitive?

Comment

I'm game for that. Berchelt, Linares, Garcia. Those are the only fights Loma should be looking at.

Comment

If Golden Boy Promotions can't secure Mikey Garcia next assuming Linares gets past Gesta why not Loma?

Top Rank and Golden Boy Promotions need to work together. Loma vs Linares on either on ESPN or HBO would be a ratings success and in my opinion Linares would put up the best fight for Loma since Russell Jr.

Gesta is the only in house fight Golden Boy can make unless they move up Vargas, or Machado which they won't do.

So either Linares vs Garcia or Linares vs Loma.

Comment

Yea and GB would want it to 50/50 like they did with Mikey knowing that Linares can't sell tickets. GB has no problem sending Linares over seas for fights because they know he doesn't bring in any money here in the US. But they act like they want to call the shots and take half when their fighter faces a bigger name.

Comment

Working...
                      X