No announcement yet.

Does GGG quit if his body gets touched all night

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does GGG quit if his body gets touched all night

We saw Kovalev running around crying and ended up basically quitting against Ward. What happens if Canelo starts digging to that body early? is GGG gonna fold up and start to quit or can he take it? I haven't seen anyone really be able to put that work in on him because he's controlling the action 99% of the time.

If canelo decides to drop his hands and go for gggs body,he leaves his chin exposed to receive bombs. Apart from that,you have to take into consideration the fact that golovkin has amazing body work of his own,so the same question could be asked for canelo. Will the ginger quit once golovkin starts digging in those liver shots?

Comment

lmfao

canela has to get to the body first

how is he gonna get past the jab?

Comment

If Canelo is able to go to the body constantly. I think GGG and any fighter quits. Can he do it?

Comment

Originally posted by triplohe View Post
          lmfao

canela has to get to the body first

how is he gonna get past the jab?
          I'm guessing the same way he gets passed every one else's by moving and countering. He's gonna get his shots in, we've seen way worse fighters put hands on GGG.

Comment

Canelo's definitely testing GGG's body when he decides to walk forward. GGG is going to try to keep Canelo at bay with the jab when that happens, but it won't be enough to stop Cabelo from getting there. GGG's defense when you back him up is to try to hold his ground behind a leaky high guard that will be Swiss cheese for Canelo's combinations. He eventually responds if his opponent stays in front of him, but Canelo will either retreat or walk in to clinch.

Canelo before the Mayweather fight would have thought that he could outbox GGG from the outside; this version of Canelo understands his strengths better and will be walking forward and going to the body frequently when he isn't setting traps. GGG is going to have to land his jab early and often to stop the frequency or he's going to have Canelo winning the early rounds and really digging in when he tries to take over in late in the fight.

I predict Canelo's activity is going to purposefully cede the middle rounds (unless GGG really doesn't react well to the early body shots) so he can conserve energy and take over the late rounds. GGG's work during those rounds will determine how much Canelo has in the tank for the later rounds. It's going to be a super interesting all action chess match, but Golovkin's resistance to the body is 100% being tested on Saturday... 100%. How he reacts to it will determine how close the fight is.

Comment

What does Kovalev have to do with GGG? Oh you dislike both because they're from former USSR countries?

Comment

Originally posted by Heru View Post
                Canelo's definitely testing GGG's body when he decides to walk forward. GGG is going to try to keep Canelo at bay with the jab when that happens, but it won't be enough to stop Cabelo from getting there. GGG's defense when you back him up is to try to hold his ground behind a leaky high guard that will be Swiss cheese for Canelo's combinations. He eventually responds if his opponent stays in front of him, but Canelo will either retreat or walk in to clinch.

Canelo before the Mayweather fight would have thought that he could outbox GGG from the outside; this version of Canelo understands his strengths better and will be walking forward and going to the body frequently when he isn't setting traps. GGG is going to have to land his jab early and often to stop the frequency or he's going to have Canelo winning the early rounds and really digging in when he tries to take over in late in the fight.

I predict Canelo's activity is going to purposefully cede the middle rounds (unless GGG really doesn't react well to the early body shots) so he can conserve energy and take over the late rounds. GGG's work during those rounds will determine how much Canelo has in the tank for the later rounds. It's going to be a super interesting all action chess match, but Golovkin's resistance to the body is 100% being tested on Saturday... 100%. How he reacts to it will determine how close the fight is.
                How about how Canelo reacts to being punched by a real MW? How about GGG has never been down from a body punch from a real MW?

Comment

Originally posted by stuff jones View Post
                  What does Kovalev have to do with GGG? Oh you dislike both because they're from former USSR countries?
                  Wtf you talking about? I'm a GGG fan and just wondering if he quits like Kovalev did. What the fk do I care if they're from the USSR, they could be from Florida and Texas for all I give a fk

Comment

nah, he will quit the day before the fight.
                    What a bunch of losers in the webpage.

Comment

Working...
                    X