Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do UFC fans keep trying to shove the MMA Agenda down boxing's throat?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MMA fan be like "yo, you see that the 2 best guys are fighting each other again in UFC (insert random number) . Boxing fan be like " ninja please, I got Garcia vs Vargas next Saturday night and maybe Garcia may fight Thurman sometime next year but who knows so stop pushing that " best fighting the best" agenda down my throat.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      Boxing fans are stupid. Granted I am a boxing fan & I don't think of myself as stupid & plenty of cats here got opinions I respect & look forward to reading often times, but I think largely this is still true of the masses.

I'm only a fan of combat sports & legitimately no combat sport has dumber f#cking fans than boxing. Everyone is a bum after a L. Everyone thinks the status quo of too many chiefs not enough indians is just fine, boxers just need to quit being p#ssies & fight each. Hell some even argue pro-4 world champions & pro-marinating fights bs these days like they are f#cking promoters themselves.
      This right here. Preach panda

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
        MMA fan be like "yo, you see that the 2 best guys are fighting each other again in UFC (insert random number) . Boxing fan be like " ninja please, I got Garcia vs Vargas next Saturday night and maybe Garcia may fight Thurman sometime next year but who knows so stop pushing that " best fighting the best" agenda down my throat.
        Hahahahahaha so true

Comment

Originally posted by HandsofIron View Post
          Have to disagree with you on that because the UFC has rules too. UFC caters to the ground fighters and favors grapplers so a fighter can't use soccer kicks or reign down elbows and stuff like that when they pull guard on the ground.

Street fight is different, anything goes and there are more variables to it. A MMA fighter pulls guard in a real street fight, he's getting his head stomped on. And if a wrestler can't take you down, he's fked. Cain vs Junior 1 is a perfect example, Cain couldn't take Junior down and got ktfo. And besides, MMA stand-up is horrendous compared to boxers.

Mma fighters can certainly rain down elbows while in a top position, except in Pride, where elbows weren't allowed because of cuts. Stomping/soccer kicking a downed opponent was allowed in Pride, however.

Mma doesn't favor grapplers, fighting does. Boxing/kboxing fans have this delusion that only striking wins fights. It certainly helps, but the vast majority of fights (yes, even street fights) end up on the ground, and if you're clueless with grappling/jiu jitsu, it's bad news for you.

Mma is not a no-rules street fight, but it's a million miles closer than boxing, which is why I can admit that (even though boxing is my favorite sport) a boxer doesn't stand much chance against an mma fighter, unless it's in a boxing ring with boxing rules.

But fighting isn't boxing, is it? Boxing is only one aspect of hand-to-hand combat.

Comment

Originally posted by i got the keys View Post
            Ha. Why are you butt hurt?

You're the douche who gets all butt hurt because I don't agree with people like you shoving the MMA agenda down boxing fan's throats.

I would be money I know more about MMA history than you do.

I've been watching it since way back....yet it has no influence at all on whether or not I choose to watch boxing...

It could be the most stacked MMA card on versus an ESPN Friday Night Fight and I'd choose the ESPN boxing over an MMA card. My preference.

What I don't get is idiots like you who keep trying to convince boxing fans that MMA is taking over and that Boxing is losing fans to MMA....

Ok, ding dong, any boxing fan who consider boxing to be their favorite sport has a choice to watch both. MMA can be as popular as you make it out to be but it isn't going to stop any true boxing fan from watching boxing.

It's simpletons like you that try to convince people that it is. The thing is, you idiots keep trying to convince boxing fans on a boxing forum as though you're getting some type of incentive!!

Is that you Mike Pyle? Is that you Dennis Siver? Is that you Chael Sonnen?

Haha...idiot....

YOU HAVE NO ARGUMENT!!!!

Go post on Sherdog or MMA Junkie. How about trying to convince MMA fans that boxing is dead? Not rocket science.

So many Ls here I'm not sure where to begin.

Are you just trolling with this shít logic, or are you legitimately brain damaged or something? Either way, you'll get no sympathy from me. You fúcked with the wrong bull on this one, bítch.

No one is shoving anything down anybody's throat. Mma fans are just noticing how a singular, major organization can operate more effectively than the current structure in boxing. Guys that watch both are naturally going to become disillusioned with the current situation in boxing and offer critiques that might help.

I'm a boxing fan first, kickboxing fan second, and MMA fan third. I'm not a member of any mma forum, or any other forum, for that matter. I have one username, one forum, and it's this one. Although I'm not on much, because I have a job and a family and other, much cooler shít that I do every day.

Nonetheless, I seriously doubt you know more about mma than I do simply because you've "been watching it since way back." So have a lot of other people, myself included. No fúcks given there. I apparently follow the sport more closely than you do, given your defensive position in this thread and your apparent dislike (or jealousy) of mma. Oh yeah, I also trained boxing, kickboxing (mt and international), bjj, judo, and other disciplines as part of a well-rounded mma routine. I've also trained with pro mma fighters and successful amateurs. My guess would be that you're an armchair fan that's never stepped in a ring in his life, so fúck what you think I know. Do you know how it feels to have a guy rip into your ribcage with non-stop hooks for two minutes straight as a conditioning drill? Or how it feels to be tossed around like a ragdoll your first day of jiu-jitsu? Oh you don't? Then sit back down and stfu.

So you choose to watch some no-name prospects on an ESPN card rather than watch an mma card with top names and competitive fights? Great. Not sure where you're getting this vibe that it's not okay to do so. Unless it's a ppv, I'd probably be doing the same thing, because I like watching boxing more than I like watching mma. But I'm not going to delude myself into thinking that A. The structure of boxing is anything but vastly inferior to mma, or B. that a boxer would stand a chance against an mma fighter anywhere other than a boxing ring.

A real fight fan appreciates all aspects of unarmed combat, from striking to grappling and everything in between. There's nothing wrong with being a boxing fan, but you're obviously an insecure, immature motherfúcker that can't handle the truth when it's right in front of him.
            Last edited by Contra; 11-09-2016, 11:37 PM.

Comment

I think it's time we should let mma fans marry each other.

Comment

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
                UFC fans are a bunch ******ed millennials who have the attention span of a 2 year old.
                Boxing fans doe:

"He's ducking, no he's ducking. No he's ducking. he should fight for less money. I could beat him"

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                  Boxing fans doe:

"He's ducking, no he's ducking. No he's ducking. he should fight for less money. I could beat him"
                  UFC ******s doe:

"Whonda Rowsee kud beet FRoid Maiwetter eezzie"

Comment

UFC ******s doe:

Okay, so how about a guy around Floyd's weight class? Mcgregor, Dos Anos, Aldo.. And not in a boxing ring. Anywhere else...

Floyd gets handled. Easy. Real fùckin easy. Like 1-2 minutes tops and it's RNC time. And this is a Floyd fan talking. A boxing fan.

And don't put it past a girl, and her vagina and PMS and whatever the fùck, to put a hurting on a guy. I've seen it happen. Burly dude, muscles and all, got tossed and twisted up like a pretzel by a chick that was 50 lbs lighter. No bullshít. True story.

That was what jiu-jitsu was designed for: using an adversary's strength and momentum against them and manipulating joints and applying chokes to defeat a stronger opponent.

Royce Gracie was heavily outweighed by nearly opponent he faced in the first four UFC tournaments, and he fúcked them all up with his brain, not his brawn. And yeah, tournaments motherfúckers, 3-4 fights per event. Ever see a boxer fight 4 times in one night, and finish each guy? Gracie did it at UFC 2.

Comment

UFC ******s doe:

She would fuk his ass up badly in the octagon most likely.

I don't know anyone who said she could beat Mayweather in the ring, that's freaking ******ed.

Comment

Working...
                      X