Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loma's best weapon - I think it's his pity pat throw-away punches

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lmao here is golovkin with some throwaway punches that lead to actual KO shots

[IMG]http://*********blog.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/2.gif[/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by pesticid View Post
      Rigo does complete fakes, it's different. Loma is actually throwing to connect with a lot of these throw-away punches. They all try to achieve the same goal but they use different ways. Loma is very unique in many of the things that he does.
      Oh of course, No two things are exactly the same but the premise is...

My thing is while others laud Loma for this foot work and feints it just boggles my mind how it's seen as so "advanced" ... Maybe it's my soccer background or I understand footwork for no apparent reason but I'm no pro and I can do at least a poorman's version of it....so you can understand then when I'm disappointed to see a "top" level fighter like Walters just plodding forward, literally not even on his toes... He looked like how I do at 2am shadowboxing high as **** with no energy...

Comment

Originally posted by PivotandRoll View Post
        Oh of course, No two things are exactly the same but the premise is...

My thing is while others laud Loma for this foot work and feints it just boggles my mind how it's seen as so "advanced" ... Maybe it's my soccer background or I understand footwork for no apparent reason but I'm no pro and I can do at least a poorman's version of it....so you can understand then when I'm disappointed to see a "top" level fighter like Walters just plodding forward, literally not even on his toes... He looked like how I do at 2am shadowboxing high as **** with no energy...
        It's much tougher in person to do what Loma does. A lot of his footwork sequences are technically incorrect for instance when he steps with the lead foot, he steps heel first toe second. He also has his back foot on a 90 degree sitting on his heel. These are two things about his footwork that are usually perceived as glaring weaknesses, not with Loma though. Even when somebody turns Loma the way he does it to other he turns on the spot with them exposing his center line but he is so quick he gets away with it. He made that move against Russel where he should've paid for it, yet he made Russell pay for it. He's dominated guys in the amateurs who have great footwork, so it's not as easy as it may look, not in person anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post
          lmao here is golovkin with some throwaway punches that lead to actual KO shots

[IMG]http://*********blog.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/2.gif[/IMG]

That was a dive. Rubio went for a paycheck.

Comment

Best weapon he has is sense of range

Comment

It's much tougher in person to do what Loma does. A lot of his footwork sequences are technically incorrect for instance when he steps with the lead foot, he steps heel first toe second. He also has his back foot on a 90 degree sitting on his heel. These are two things about his footwork that are usually perceived as glaring weaknesses, not with Loma though. Even when somebody turns Loma the way he does it to other he turns on the spot with them exposing his center line but he is so quick he gets away with it. He made that move against Russel where he should've paid for it, yet he made Russell pay for it. He's dominated guys in the amateurs who have great footwork, so it's not as easy as it may look, not in person anyway.
              Oh I understand and that at his level he is basically Houdini to anyone not elite. But for example I have an easier time with some friends I legit spar than I do when I let my sister throw punches at me for fun. She is really fast and has great technique(all from watching me as well, Like scary learning curve of punching for a skinny feminine 15 year old girl) but that's nothing I ain't seen. But when I teach her on the mitts, I taught her to constantly circle either to the left or right depending on where the advantage is.... Now it is legit annoying to try keep her in my centre line, I'm easily fast enough but it's a real effort to constantly shift while maintaining balance to throw properly. It's why I think Frampton could actually have success against Loma...His feet are just so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Cheeko12 View Post
                Best weapon he has is sense of range
                Really? I felt he overshot himself quite a bit...I think an earlier Manny while way more wreckless and less subtlety skilled controlled his distance in the southpaw stance far better. Loma never quite lands that left hand hard...He should watch Spence in that regard.

Comment

Originally posted by PivotandRoll View Post
                  Oh I understand and that at his level he is basically Houdini to anyone not elite. But for example I have an easier time with some friends I legit spar than I do when I let my sister throw punches at me for fun. She is really fast and has great technique(all from watching me as well, Like scary learning curve of punching for a skinny feminine 15 year old girl) but that's nothing I ain't seen. But when I teach her on the mitts, I taught her to constantly circle either to the left or right depending on where the advantage is.... Now it is legit annoying to try keep her in my centre line, I'm easily fast enough but it's a real effort to constantly shift while maintaining balance to throw properly. It's why I think Frampton could actually have success against Loma...His feet are just so good.
                  Frampton wouldn't even fight an old, small Rigo. You think he would fight Loma?

Comment

That was a dive. Rubio went for a paycheck.
                    I disagree. He probably could've got up but the way GGG turns that hook over is absolutely flawless. He drops it on him and believe me that isn't the sort of punch that 'lands' or "connects" it just bulldozes through. Think the man is vastly overrated but he sure can turn over a hook.

Comment

Frampton wouldn't even fight an old, small Rigo. You think he would fight Loma?
                      Does an old small Rigo provide the opportunity to win a title in three divisions for huge money and go down in history as the greatest Irish boxer possibly? What's there to lose? After he beats Cruz his options are pretty much Selby, Russel Jr or move up to fight Flanagan or Loma....Now, I think he should fight Cruz in Jan, Selby in Summer and Then Russell in the Winter. If he comes through then Flanagan or Loma next year or both if they haven't fought or loss by then.

Not that I care, I wanted the fight and think Frampton would beat him. He would lose some rounds but I've seen every round of every fight of both men, multiple times and am confident Frampton would win. Shame his team didn't think it was worth the risk/legacy.

Comment

Working...
                      X