Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's Be Honest, Floyd Mayweather Is The Reason 90% Of You Still Follow Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nah. . FLoyd has to engage in jersey shore, drama, female-like tactics to get attention out of the ring. . . I just don't like all that shyt. . . He seems like the type of person who says "swag". . .

Comment

90%?
      Where did you get that stat?

Come on man
      Be honest enough
      That when Floyd Jr
      Disappeared in the past
      It was Pacman
      Who put Boxing
      Alive and kicking!
      He got that
      Fighter of the Decade,
      FOTY, & P4P awards!
      Plus Guiness World Record!
      The PPV of his last fight
      Was more than that
      Of Floyd’s last fight.

Be honest & be fair enough!
      Cos, when Floyd Jr
      Goes to Jail, retires, or dies,
      Boxing will still be there
      Alive & kicking with the
      New generation of Stars!

Just face reality!

Comment

Originally posted by Oxn View Post
        thats odd i remmeber myself being more into boxing when Floyd was on his 2 year retirement.
        Me too. The ww fights, then the best division, no longer waited for the mayweather sweepstakes. They fought each other. As a pac fan, it hard to say that the better fights will happen once pac and pbf retires. The fighters will again pit themselves against the best opponents. Until, a new face of boxing emerge. Then, we again see stale fights as opponents jockey for a chance to fight him.

Comment

"Floyd is 90% of the reason you still follow boxing." Quote of the day Gents.

What a laughable thing to say. If Floyd retired I will still wait to see much more exciting fights and fighters. Matter of fact, before Floyd came on the global scene, when Morales-Barrera, De la Hoya-Mosley, Roy Jones, Fernando Vargas, Gatti-Ward, Mike Tyson, Leonard, Hagler, Hearns, Lewis, Whitaker, Chavez, and too many others to name, boxing was actually more popular in the last few decades than it is now that Mayweather is on top. People find him boring and despicable. I follow boxing, not mayweather. He is not bigger than the sport. No fighter is. He is merely a part of it.

Comment

Of course just compare the thread views. Mayweather Cotto has 10x the views that Pacquiao Bradley! Floyds live training thread had more views then pacquiao Bradley too.

Comment

he fights once a year, and they're always disappointments

Ts is a moron

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman18 View Post
                "Floyd is 90% of the reason you still follow boxing." Quote of the day Gents.

What a laughable thing to say. If Floyd retired I will still wait to see much more exciting fights and fighters. Matter of fact, before Floyd came on the global scene, when Morales-Barrera, De la Hoya-Mosley, Roy Jones, Fernando Vargas, Gatti-Ward, Mike Tyson, Leonard, Hagler, Hearns, Lewis, Whitaker, Chavez, and too many others to name, boxing was actually more popular in the last few decades than it is now that Mayweather is on top. People find him boring and despicable. I follow boxing, not mayweather. He is not bigger than the sport. No fighter is. He is merely a part of it.
                If you look at it from purely the US perspective, what floyd does tends to get alot of attention. I don't think the thread starter is accurate with 90%, but it seems seeing floyd fight and seeing floyd lose motivate people to spend money.

If you look just at this board, the guys who hate floyd the most create the most threads about him. That tends to distiort people's perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post
                  Of course just compare the thread views. Mayweather Cotto has 10x the views that Pacquiao Bradley! Floyds live training thread had more views then pacquiao Bradley too.
                  Pacquiao has 1.4 million more followers on facebook

Comment

Originally posted by jtiger777 View Post
                    true, but the threat of him dethroning floyd gets him alot more praise! this without floyd hes just a great fighter that wouldnt get as much attention!
                    Im pretty sure the dethrone thing didnt exist. Back when pbf retired, they gave the top p4p spot to pac as expected. Pac just fought at lightweight then. No talks were made for pac pbf until pac fought dlh( pbf was being enticed out of retirement by both hatton and pac). Even here at nsb, only one poster, the bringer, brought up that possibility arguing with everybody that this is possible. Back then, almost everybody laughed at him. Not now. Lolz.

Comment

Originally posted by Paclan View Post
                      Pacquiao has 1.4 million more followers on facebook
                      I didn't know Facebook was a boxing site.

Comment

Working...
                      X