Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• British Heavyweight Danny Williams in surprise bout

12/3/2012

By Lee Hanbury

British heavyweight boxing sensation Danny Williams, of Brixton London, is to make a surprise comeback to the ring after a devastating loss at the hands of prospect Leif Larsen. The Norwegian-born fighter tore Williams a new corn shoot in the second round, putting a "final" end to his career.

In a twist of fate, Danny Williams has announced he is going to make another comeback fight. The only noticeable difference is this time he will be fighting at 160lb (middleweight). Although the likeliness of this must be questioned, the British heavyweight revealed "When ever you feel to do something there will be people that will doubt you and question, but this is something I have to do. God willing, this time we will be seeing a new Danny Williams"

"I know that losing a lot of weight is going to be hard but in the long run I feel that myself and the sport of boxing will benefit from it."

"I've been taking a lot of supplements in the past, all strictly legal and safe but a certain one was making my body hold a lot of water. I am not currently taking any supplements and I'm boxing better than ever."

These is much question over the safety of losing that much weight, after fighting at 285lb just a few months ago. The British boxer is due to be facing unknown fighter Marvin Meyer on the 31 of March. This will most defiantly be a match up to watch out for.

What !?

Comment

Smells like BS to me. Can't find the article anywhere other than on boxing forums, plus the TS has no other posts.

Comment

Dis guy needs to retire, Well passed his sell by date!

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
          Smells like BS to me. Can't find the article anywhere other than on boxing forums, plus the TS has no other posts.
          Was travis berbick cured by the end?

Comment

Williams is fighting Zoltan Petranyi in June as a heavyweight of course.

Comment

Danny Williams really needs to pack it in and get on with his bodyguard course, although he just seems to get a buzz at being on the circuit.

Comment

I wouldn't mind if Williams and even Sprott and Skelton would fight more in the UK and were matched against up-and-comers like Price, Perez and Fury rather than spending the rest of their careers being imported to other countries as opponents. It is the kind of experiance the younger group can use.

Comment

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ thats the time period their in!! Maybe in England no ones offering them a pay day? You can lose in any country and in any language but you go where the money is. Italy is nice. Ray

Comment

London pie shop stocks are not a good bet if Danny Williams aims to make 160lbs!

Comment

Working...
                    X