Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why is pernell whitaker sounding punch drunk when he was a good defensive fighter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why is pernell whitaker sounding punch drunk when he was a good defensive fighter?

pernell whitaker sounds a lot like meldrick taylor now. it's mind boggling because pernell had superiro defenseive skills and never got hit flush often. what happened? where did it go wrong for him?

Cocaine is a helluva drug

Comment

Just ask Bobby Brown...him and Sweet Pea got "the lip"
      Last edited by -EX-; 11-15-2009, 04:20 AM.

Comment

Drugs...and Pernell still got tagged too..

moreso than Mayweather has.

He just had a very flashy defensive style..but not as efficient, imo

Comment

Originally posted by thealfa View Post
          pernell whitaker sounds a lot like meldrick taylor now. it's mind boggling because pernell had superiro defenseive skills and never got hit flush often. what happened? where did it go wrong for him?
          Sweet Pea was on drugs bad and had a very hard life despite being a world class fighter. On top of that, he never talked well even when he was perfect

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
            Sweet Pea was on drugs bad and had a very hard life despite being a world class fighter. On top of that, he never talked well even when he was perfect
            didn't know he was on coke. his last fight says he broke his clavicle so the doc stopped the fight at 4th round. must have been the one that did it. he only lost 4 times.

Comment

Originally posted by thealfa View Post
              didn't know he was on coke. his last fight says he broke his clavicle so the doc stopped the fight at 4th round. must have been the one that did it. he only lost 4 times.
              I saw that fight and I think that was BS just like a Hearns fight I saw at the end of his career. They were in there with bums but they didnt even look as good as the bums so I think both of them looked for a way out. I dont think Sweet Pea was really that hurt. He just looked done and was looking for a way out instead of losing to an inferior scrub. Also, Pea was on drugs real bad and has been in and out of prison

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
                I saw that fight and I think that was BS just like a Hearns fight I saw at the end of his career. They were in there with bums but they didnt even look as good as the bums so I think both of them looked for a way out. I dont think Sweet Pea was really that hurt. He just looked done and was looking for a way out instead of losing to an inferior scrub. Also, Pea was on drugs real bad and has been in and out of prison
                I disagree, Whitaker was clearly winning that fight. Didn't look good though.

Comment

sweet pea had been boxing since a very young age and it's not necessarily the paid fights where you take damage the gym wars is where a lot of damage is done

Comment

Originally posted by kilojay505 View Post
                    sweet pea had been boxing since a very young age and it's not necessarily the paid fights where you take damage the gym wars is where a lot of damage is done
                    That's the truth.

Comment

Working...
                    X