Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who speaks better English? Manny or Miguel?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cotto slightly better, i think cotto understands everything but doesnt know how to reply to somethings. pacquiao doesnt understand everything and answers completely different to the question.

Comment

I like how manny says Cleto Reyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Hard2kill View Post
        English is being taught in school since kindergarten but you cannot hear people talking english on streets except students and people who are working in call centers...

Yes, English is second language here but pacman didn't even know how to speak Tagalog in his early boxing career... His first language is Visaya

Pac learned a lot...Aside from boxing, he learned how to speak Tagalog and English..
        Wow!!! three languages!!! or 4 with english that's crazy (87 dialects :|)... I have heard the talalog from a friend in the Air Force.. Some words are close to spanish right? I speak four language English, Spanish, Dominican Spanish, and puertorican spanish.

Comment

Both speak it well enuf to be understandable. Cotto is a lil better I think.

Comment

Originally posted by kristiany View Post
            Wow!!! three languages!!! or 4 with english that's crazy (87 dialects :|)... I have heard the talalog from a friend in the Air Force.. Some words are close to spanish right? I speak four language English, Spanish, Dominican Spanish, and puertorican spanish.
            yes... someone who knows spanish will understand about half of what filipino a guy says..

Comment

Who gives a fuk! They both have learned and try to use it in front of a huge english audience. They both get my props. Unlike some other American born fighters who pretend to not know how to speak english in order to pander to the mexican fans.

Shout out to cotto & pacq for doing what most can't or refuse to do!

Comment

Originally posted by Makavelli View Post
                when manny tries to talk like William Wallace, his english is perfect

this 24/7 is gonna suck
                LOL

Originally posted by street bully View Post
                Joshua Clottey speaks better english than all of them.

yeah mann. ui nou ji kan **** inglich

lol

Comment

I think Pacquiao is a little better.

Comment

Cotto is my other favorite and im pretty surprised that as an american (well, puerto rican), he sucks in english.....all of my borikuan friends speaks almost perfect english

Comment

Originally posted by kristiany View Post
                      Of all the Filipino dialects, the Chabacano is the one closest to Spanish (80% Spanish), Hiligaynon is second (50% Spanish) which is my first language.. .. There is no Spanish in pure Tagalog language..

Some comparison

Hiligaynon (Southern part of Philippines)
                      counting: uno, dos, tres, cuatro, singko.. and so on
                      hijo de puta - son of a *****
                      dose aņos - 12 yrs old
                      pocuma so minos - more or less
                      abre puerta - open the door
                      despues - in the future, later

Tagalog (National language)
                      counting: isa, dalawa, tatlo, apat, lima
                      anak ng puta - son of a *****
                      labindalawang taong gulang - 12 yrs old
                      humigit kumulang - more or less
                      buksan ang pinto - open the door
                      saka na, mamaya - later, in the future

There is actually a very big difference and I think Pacquiao knows both Hiligaynon and Visaya before he learned Tagalog...

There are a lot of spanish words in both Visaya and Hiligaynon but most of these are proper nouns... like puerta (door).....

Philippines is difficult but easy place... though all provinces speaks different languages, everyone can understand and speak english...

Comment

Working...
                      X