• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is greater? Jay-Z vs. Black Thought

Jay-Z
    75.00%
    Black Thought
    25.00%

Black Thought has always been under the radar. Really he and The Roots have put out a ton of great stuff. I think lyrically and flow wise he's as talented as anyone to touch a mic.

Jay has had a bigger impact commercially and musically. Just because he's really admired by all of the newer artists and they often mimic his style.

To sum it up I think Jay is when all things considered. But Thought is just as talented.

Comment

Jay-Z has the mic personality to give him the nod

Comment

Originally posted by Kobe Bryant View Post
        Black Thought has always been under the radar. Really he and The Roots have put out a ton of great stuff. I think lyrically and flow wise he's as talented as anyone to touch a mic.

Jay has had a bigger impact commercially and musically. Just because he's really admired by all of the newer artists and they often mimic his style.

To sum it up I think Jay is when all things considered. But Thought is just as talented.
        I have only thoroughly listened to 3 roots cds, i used to love illadelph and things fall apart but i dont really listen to them that much now. Your post sounds really on point to me, thats probably the best way to sum it up especially if black thoughts still as sharp now as he was when i listened to him.

Comment

Working...
        X