• Roy Jones Jr's Next Opponent

A bare knuckle boxer named Bobby Gunn

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/world-c...ts-30126456041

Bobby is a boxing expert

Comment

Apparently this is for the WBF Cruiserweight World Championship

Ticket prices reflect the magnitude of the occasion

Comment

Oh my goodness! I could not stop laughing at that first video of him fighting in some basement with like 20 dudes standing around watching them. I've never seen a BKB fight, and it was for a championship? I don't know how the money breakdown for this fight is set up, but RJJ should walk with 100% of the gate, and make this basement brawler pay out of pocket to have his name on the event.

I can't decide if this is more hilarious or embarrassing. It's obviously both, but which is the predominate feeling?

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingPugilist View Post
          Oh my goodness! I could not stop laughing at that first video of him fighting in some basement with like 20 dudes standing around watching them. I've never seen a BKB fight, and it was for a championship? I don't know how the money breakdown for this fight is set up, but RJJ should walk with 100% of the gate, and make this basement brawler pay out of pocket to have his name on the event.

I can't decide if this is more hilarious or embarrassing. It's obviously both, but which is the predominate feeling?
          Sadness, mostly.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingPugilist View Post

I think it brings a definitive close to the argument that Roy wasn't still doing this for the money. There is literally no other reason for him to be doing this.

Comment

roy jones jr is going to be put on ice.hahaha this sideshow continues.

Comment

my favorite part of the video is the "ring announcer" referring to bobby as a former world cruiserweight champion. guess they're counting his IBA title from '06 . . .

Comment

Working...
                X