Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: PBC fair value now $152.2 million !!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
    Just for arguments sake, what were the dates in the last quarter of 2016 that PBC had canceled?
    Still no answer

I think you ran him off.

Comment

Wasn't PBC supposed to be gone by now according to the haters?

Comment

Originally posted by cheeseburger View Post
        http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/9/20...bc-boxing-news

Haymon and Waddell & Reed
        Another thread about a tweet about a blog post about the demise of PBC based on rumor and innuendo. A typical day on the boxing scene message board.

Comment

Here we go......

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            Interesting theory. Or Ryan Caldwell's VC fund will be involved on the back end if you wanna go more nefarious with whats going on or what could go on.
            Ryan Caldwell, from the looks of things, is the guy that W&R trusts to see the investment through. If you're going to invest nearly $1b in a venture (that everyone involved seems to think is a risky proposition to begin with), why not have a company man have his hands on the operational control of the venture?

To me, it'd be no different than some pharmaceutical conglomerate, spinning off a division, and then firing the old guy (who ran things when it was on the inside) and that guy ending up being the one brought in to run off the spin-off venture.

Caldwell went to W&R with a venture proposal, W&R were sold on the venture, and they seem to have decided that Caldwell is the guy that W&R is betting their money with Haymon on.

not sure what's nefarious about any of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
              Still no answer

I think you ran him off.
              That's daggum's m.o. Didn't expect anything new

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                I believe this is part of the info being released due to the discovery phase of the GBP/Haymon lawsuit. Seen someone posting a bunch of docs yesterday in another thread.

Thought I saw something about court documents type **** being released saying PBC has lost $700M-$800M. If thats the case they might be legit f#cked or they got a bombass infrastructure, built up TV time that we don't know about yet or some side investments themselves that they've been throwing money at.
                PBC won't be worth really anything until if/when they get a TV deal. No business is worth much unless there is a revenue stream.

This is a nothing burger..

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                  Ryan Caldwell, from the looks of things, is the guy that W&R trusts to see the investment through. If you're going to invest nearly $1b in a venture (that everyone involved seems to think is a risky proposition to begin with), why not have a company man have his hands on the operational control of the venture?

To me, it'd be no different than some pharmaceutical conglomerate, spinning off a division, and then firing the old guy (who ran things when it was on the inside) and that guy ending up being the one brought in to run off the spin-off venture.

Caldwell went to W&R with a venture proposal, W&R were sold on the venture, and they seem to have decided that Caldwell is the guy that W&R is betting their money with Haymon on.

not sure what's nefarious about any of it.
                  I guess you don't know. Ryan Caldwell no longer works for Waddell. He founded his own venture capital fund called Chiron Investment Management. He is still a PBC consultant.

And I'm not saying there is anything nefarious about it I'm just saying the possible claim of such a thing is out there potentially for the PBC critics or more correctly titled anti-PBC people.

Comment

Originally posted by BWC View Post
                    PBC won't be worth really anything until if/when they get a TV deal. No business is worth much unless there is a revenue stream.

This is a nothing burger..
                    I'd suggest losing $773M in around 20 months ($38M/month) on a 48+ month initial plan is a risky proposition. When the losses were alleged to be half of this number I didn't see much issue myself, but when its been doubled what was alleged early on its a much more nervous number for PBC I imagine.

Lets not forget that the biggest money thats ever been given for boxing in any annual period is HBO giving HBO boxing ~$100M to ~$120M back in the late 90's/early 00's. If PBC loses half of what they lost per month so far over the next 28 months that'd mean PBC is $1.3 billion in debt by the end of phase 1 of their plan in March 2019. I mean f#ck Amazon is like $6 billion in debt, but they are grossing $100 billion+ in revenue each year.

Not saying these are the end times for PBC or anything like that, but that amount of loss in such a short time is more worrisome for PBC's future success in my eyes then the numbers that were being thrown around previously.

At this point, as a PBC fan, I'm rooting on this numbers not being correct & just incomplete or outright wrong info.

Comment

Working...
                    X