Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will the May/Pac undercard be just as epic? Potentional Matchups?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will the May/Pac undercard be just as epic? Potentional Matchups?

I have a feeling that the undercard for this fight is going to be stacked. The promoters know the level of exposure any fighting on the undercard is going to get. Those fighters that might be the next PPV superstar will be the priority. Despite the fact that the lion's share of money is going directly to Manny and Floyd, you have to believe there's a substantial allowance to get other big name stars...

Vasyl Lomachenko vs possibly Walters or Rigo(or Rigo vs Santa Cruz), a HUGE fight in it's own right, and all fighters in questions aren't as "expensive" as someone like Khan...while all fighters have the potential to be huge future PPV revenue generators.... So a win win for the fans and the promoters' budgets.

Crawford vs Danny Garcia... a more expensive fight for the promoters but also a good "bridge" fight between Showtime and HBO (especially since the May-Pac fight will be on Showtime most likely)

Stevenson vs Kovalev... another bridge fight, but also another expensive one.

However, the Stevenson/Kovalev and Crawford/Garcia might be "too" big to be put in an undercard...

Thoughts, opinions on whether we'll see an ATG undercard and the potential matchups(that are realistic... i.e. What fights are "big" enough to be a draw while not being "so big" that they demand their own event)

KHAN VS BRADLEY make it happen

Comment

Expect the worse undercard to date. They've already said little money will be spent on the undercard with every dollar going to Floyd/Manny. Likely all TMT fighters to boot - Ishe Smith, Badou Jack, Theophan, and Pearson in showcase fights.

Comment

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=622505

Comment

there is a thread on this daily. Its a huge waste of money to have a big undercard.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
            Expect the worse undercard to date. They've already said little money will be spent on the undercard with every dollar going to Floyd/Manny. Likely all TMT fighters to boot - Ishe Smith, Badou Jack, Theophan, and Pearson in showcase fights.
            Right and Exact. And it's crazy how TMT fighters are trash....Floyd can do better and get real talent. Floyd will put on a show but that'll be it.

Comment

God man why can't ya'll keep all this in the master thread?

Comment

Even though I would like to see a bunch of cool 50/50 fights between Al Haymon fighters and Arum's fighters.

I just don't see it happening because Hoya won't be a part of it, and Arum isn't a big fan of stacking up the undercard and I think Al Haymon would agree with Arum on that.

Which I would just be happy with this fight just happening, I would probably have like 12 Stella's in me by round 1.

Fights I would like to see and it wouldn't cost that much would be Donaire vs Mares as the co feat, Gonzalez vs Walters would be another good fight on the card. Herrera vs Broner.

Comment

You talk like the Pacquiao-Mayweather fight is a done deal but it isn't and likely never will be.

Comment

Working...
                  X