Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Matthew McConaughey on Acting PEDs?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stallone was good in 'Cop Land' I'll give him that, but it was suited for him.

Comment

I mentioned it before you did, slag.

Comment

Originally posted by ßringer View Post
        I mentioned it before you did, slag.
        I don't read your posts, Bitch.

Comment

This guy took the wrong PEDs:

Comment

Originally posted by ßringer View Post
            DiCaprio was always unfairly labelled as a "teen idol type", when in reality he was anything but. 'What's Eating Gilbert Grape" and "The Basketball Diaries" were pre-Titanic performances that hinted at future excellence.

So he starred in a major blockbuster love story, so what? He was turning in brilliant performances long before he was a poster on every girl that grew up in the 90s bedroom walls.

a teen idol is exactly what he was. titanic was not some great performance. i have not seen gilbert grape, nor will i ever. the basketball diaries wasn't some great performance either. brilliant, . he wasn't some great actor in his youth. he's a great actor now.

he got much, much better. actors get better. male actors age well, which was the entire point of my post.

Comment

Originally posted by Oasis_Lad View Post
              This guy took the wrong PEDs:

largest arms in the world, brother. we're all hulkamaniacs.

Comment

Ok so my next question is, if you have 1 or 2 great performances, how do you discount that?

Is consistency part of being a great actor, or can you achieve that with one amazing performance?

Comment

Stallone's monologue at the end of First Blood was amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                    Ok so my next question is, if you have 1 or 2 great performances, how do you discount that?

Is consistency part of being a great actor, or can you achieve that with one amazing performance?

obviously you're going to weigh in the length of an actor's tenure, and his volume of work in addition to their quality.

rocky was a great, great movie. stallone kicked ass. he's a great actor in my book because of that movie alone.

stallone was an action star. i don't think he could pull off the dramatic roles of many of the great actors. he was great at what he did.

rocky is one of the most iconic characters in cinema.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                      i have not seen gilbert grape, nor will i ever.
                      Originally posted by New England View Post
                      he wasn't some great actor in his youth.
                      The sheer idiocy of these two statements following one another cannot possibly be overstated.

Comment

Working...
                      X