Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should the U.S. Get Involved MILITARILY in Syria?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damned if we do Damned if we don't

Comment

Originally posted by jose830 View Post
      Damned if we do Damned if we don't
      The price USA has to pay for being the only super power. Russia announced an hour ago that they have detected 2 launches towards Syria about 9 hours ago.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
        It's a tough situation. I'm inclined to say no, but refusal to take action on Syria when they're using banned weapons will lead to other nations using the weapons. If we don't show our disapproval to Syria what happens if Russia decides to gas some "undesirables"?
        But they haven't proven it was the Assad regime that conducted the chemical attack yet. Not to mention, as another poster already pointed out the UK supplied Syria with some chemicals required to produce deadly gases therefore that neglegence doesn't hint to me that the UK are extremely concerned about the use of these weapons in the ME. I'm of the opinion that we should have never gotten involved in even arming the rebels nevermind striking Syria. I personally think it will create more problems for the people of Syria than it will solve.

Obviously Assad and the Syrian government are dictatorial douches but will it get any better after Syria is war-torn and is under the control of terrorist rebels?
        Last edited by Barn; 09-03-2013, 06:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kadyo View Post
          The price USA has to pay for being the only super power. Russia announced an hour ago that they have detected 2 launches towards Syria about 9 hours ago.

israel and the u.s said they were tests unc.

Comment

Originally posted by kadyo View Post
            I'm just worried this will become another Iraq war and last forever

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorSoul View Post
              Hell no. Let them people kill themselves. As far as I'm concerned they're doing us a favor. Population control at it's best.

Irrelevant countries like the UK voted no and the world says who gives a siht? Besides, the UK doesn't have a military. They seriously contemplated renting or leasing space on France's carrier. What the **** happened to you UK? You used to be great.. like 200 years ago.
              So you disagree with the US and France attacking Syria but then you criticise the UK, even though it's voted against doing so, at least for now.

Just because we're cost cutting like a lot of countries, doesn't mean we've totally lost it. All things considered, the UK is still a bigger military power than France. That's fact.

You want the US to not police the world. Well sorry, you're the key ones doing it and spending record amounts on the military whilst giving some of the least in foreign aid.

Shot's fired from you at the UK, makes no sense in your own argument.

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorSoul View Post
                Hell no. Let them people kill themselves. As far as I'm concerned they're doing us a favor. Population control at it's best. Besides, the rest of the world doesn't care about that place and are calling for the US to not get involved, even though not surprisingly countries like France, Saudi Arabia, Israel, and the UAE are hiding behind behind the big bad United States of America like a school bully egging it on to kick a scrawny little b!tch (re: Syria).

Irrelevant countries like the UK voted no and the world says who gives a *****? Besides, the UK doesn't have a military. They seriously contemplated renting or leasing space on France's carrier. What the **** happened to you UK? You used to be great.. like 200 years ago.
                The fact the UK democratically voted against Syrian intevention in Parliament on behalf of the people makes us great, for now anyway.

Comment

Not gonna happen. Congress will say no and then we'll turn to the UN where there will be a vote passed then vetoed by Russia.

Comment

Originally posted by HUGH JASS View Post
                    israel and the u.s said they were tests unc.
                    They were admitting in effect that the lauches were from them.

Comment

Originally posted by jose830 View Post
                      I'm just worried this will become another Iraq war and last forever
                      The Iraq war was slap by dubya to the face of american people. No wmd, billions in dollars war expenses for what and dead american soldiers who were duped on the cause of what they were fighting for.

In this impending war, they will be protecting al quaeda supported rebellion. This is a no-win war for the US but as you said, "damn if you do and damn if you don't".

Comment

Working...
                      X