Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Explain the double standards against Floyd and Margarito. But not Roy Jones ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DTMB View Post
    floyd has never beaten anybody as good or remotely close to a james toney or bernard hopkins.

just look at floyd top 3 top 5 wins and compare that to other ATGs.

for all the flak pac got for not fighting slick fighters, floyd himself has never fought a slick fighter.

flloyd has yet to face a legit bona fide prime hall of famer in his entire career.

add that to floyd's utterly repugnant behavior towards current boxers, past boxers, security guards, women, people who interview him, fans, its easy to see why floyd got more hate than roy.

plus blogs, internet message boards, and social media wasnt what it is now when roy was cherry picking.

Roy Jones fought a weight drained James Toney and Hopkins was not slick at the time Roy fought him.That version of Hopkins had not yet developed a slick style at the time Roy fought him and Hopkins was still green at the time.

And Floyd fought 2 slick fighters in Zab Judah and Sharmba Mitchell.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingfeind View Post
      Roy Jones fought a weight drained James Toney and Hopkins was not slick at the time Roy fought him.That version of Hopkins had not yet developed a slick style at the time Roy fought him and Hopkins was still green at the time.

And Floyd fought 2 slick fighters in Zab Judah and Sharmba Mitchell.
      roy jones, fought a weight drained james toney?...this is an excuse that just has to stop man...james toney, @ 160 and 168, came down considerably in weight for EVERY fight, and was 42-0, #1 p4p, & undisputed @ 168 when jones fought him...toney was outclassed thats it, thats all..., and james toney is my dude...

hopkins, at the time that jones fought him, eh, maybe he wasn't slick, maybe he was green, but jones wasn't a 50 fight veteran, or superman either...no excuse there either...

i don't think anybody, would confuse mitchell, and judah, with hopkins and toney, in any lifetime...lol

Comment

It's actually a lot simpler than you think. The argument that Floyd has not faced strong competition is all Floyd mayweather's distractors have (warranted or unwarranted). So this argument will always be mentioned to undermine his legacy and/or expose his flaws.

With Roy Jones, his distractors have a couple late career ko's to quench their appetite. So they choose to focus on his defeats because those are the most noticeable imperfections of his great career. The Roy Jones distractors are satisfied. The Floyd Mayweather distractors are salivating at that thought of defeat so they can quench their thirst for a gaping imperfection. In the mean time, they'll gladly hold on to this until they get what they're seeking. RJJr got a great deal of criticism for his level of competition until Tarver 2, then most of it went away.
        No matter what Floyd does his distractors will find their own flaws in his career. I remember when Floyd ducked Freitas, Mosley, Cotto, Hatton, Cory Spinks... Now it's margarito, pacman and I'm guessing Guerrero or Canelo (depends on which one he fights in 2013).

Comment

Floyd actually ducked people
          Roy has names he missed, but none that he ducked
          Roy beat the best guy at MW, SMW, and at LHW
          he went up to get a belt at HW, then back down to fight Tarver
          Roy challenged himself, and at the end, killed his career by doing so
          he gets more respect than Floyd because he's got more heart
          Roy didn't "duck" the Europeans because he wasn't obligated to fight them

Comment

When has a champ ever been obliged to fight the eurobums? Michelwhatever? lmao

Comment

Originally posted by toshmurph View Post
              Although I would have loved to seen them fight, I have no doubt Jones would have beaten both of them! Jones wasn't stopped by Toney, who was a level above Eubank and Benn and hit harder than Eubank and nearly as hard as Benn, so why do you think they would have stopped Jones?
              Sorry but Benn hits much harder than Toney.

Originally posted by djtmal View Post
              roy jones, fought a weight drained james toney?...this is an excuse that just has to stop man...james toney, @ 160 and 168, came down considerably in weight for EVERY fight, and was 42-0, #1 p4p, & undisputed @ 168 when jones fought him...toney was outclassed thats it, thats all..., and james toney is my dude...

hopkins, at the time that jones fought him, eh, maybe he wasn't slick, maybe he was green, but jones wasn't a 50 fight veteran, or superman either...no excuse there either...

i don't think anybody, would confuse mitchell, and judah, with hopkins and toney, in any lifetime...lol
              Still you do have to admit you slipped saying Floyd hasn't fought any slick fighters. Throw in Augustus and Chop Chop and you look like you might just be hatin.

Originally posted by DuttyAlacrity View Post
              It's actually a lot simpler than you think. The argument that Floyd has not faced strong competition is all Floyd mayweather's distractors have (warranted or unwarranted). So this argument will always be mentioned to undermine his legacy and/or expose his flaws.

With Roy Jones, his distractors have a couple late career ko's to quench their appetite. So they choose to focus on his defeats because those are the most noticeable imperfections of his great career. The Roy Jones distractors are satisfied. The Floyd Mayweather distractors are salivating at that thought of defeat so they can quench their thirst for a gaping imperfection. In the mean time, they'll gladly hold on to this until they get what they're seeking. RJJr got a great deal of criticism for his level of competition until Tarver 2, then most of it went away.
              No matter what Floyd does his distractors will find their own flaws in his career. I remember when Floyd ducked Freitas, Mosley, Cotto, Hatton, Cory Spinks... Now it's margarito, pacman and I'm guessing Guerrero or Canelo (depends on which one he fights in 2013).
              green k.

Comment

Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post

Still you do have to admit you slipped saying Floyd hasn't fought any slick fighters. Throw in Augustus and Chop Chop and you look like you might just be hatin.
                i didn't say floyd hasn't fought any slick fighters, where did you get that from?

Comment

Working...
                X