Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mlac View Post
    suspiria, dope soundtrack by goblin

Dawn of the dead (original)
    haven't seen Suspiria yet, but I've seen Deep Red and Inferno. Argento's taste in music is great.

Originally posted by CatchAndShoot View Post
    OG Carpenter Halloween.

Most overrated piece of crap movie where I wonder why it's such a cult classic: Hellraiser.

1/4th into watching Hellraiser, I literally asked myself, how tf is this such a horror classic, and franchise?
    As someone who's watched the first 5 Hellraisers, I think the execution didn't always live up to the concept. I never hated what I saw, as I'm pretty easy to please. I would only recommend the first three though.

As for my favs:
    -Terminator 1 (I consider it a slasher film)
    -Jeepers Creepers series
    -Scream series
    -Final Destination 1-3
    -Creepshow 1 and 2
    -Freddy vs. Jason
    -Dawn of the Dead remake
    -Texas Chainsaw (2006)
    -The Faculty
    -Saw series
    -Return of the Living Dead series

I've watched the majority of the classics once, so I can't really put them on my favorites. I don't make it a habit to re-watch movies now.
    Last edited by kiaba360; 06-26-2017, 06:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
      -Creepshow 1 and 2
      Creepshow was a classic, that thing in the crate used to freak me out

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
        haven't seen Suspiria yet, but I've seen Deep Red and Inferno. Argento's taste in music is great.

As someone who's watched the first 5 Hellraisers (only once), I think the execution didn't always live up to the concept. I didn't hate what I saw, as I'm pretty easy to please. I would only recommend the first three though.

As for my favs:

-Terminator (I consider it a slasher film)
        -Jeepers Creepers series
        -Scream series
        -Final Destination 1-3
        -Creepshow 1 and 2
        -Freddy vs. Jason
        -Dawn of the Dead remake
        -Texas Chainsaw (2006)
        -The Faculty
        -Saw series
        -Return of the Living Dead series

I've watched the majority of the classics once, so I can't really put them on my favorites. I don't make it a habit to re-watch movies.
        I think it's argento's masterpiece, the atmosphere, music and especially cinematography and color are incredible.

btw the faculty doesnt hold up..AT ALL

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
          I think it's argento's masterpiece, the atmosphere, music and especially cinematography and color are incredible.

btw the faculty doesnt hold up..AT ALL
          Haven't seen it in a while, but why doesn't it? One could argue that due to the move being an amalgamation of horror tropes, it was old as soon as it came out lol. The only thing that made it contemporary were the actors; that, and the drug snorting. Obviously, I knew jack-**** about horror tropes when I first watched it. I consider Faculty as one of the better sci-fi horror "gateway" films.

For whatever reason, I haven't gotten around to "Suspiria". IDK why I decided to watch Deep Red and Inferno before it. I also watched "Demons" which he wrote.

fun fact: The Thing turned 35 yesterday.

Did anyone know that Saw is getting another sequel? thought that **** was over.
          Last edited by kiaba360; 06-26-2017, 07:39 PM.

Comment

Dawn of the Dead (2004)

Resident Evil (first movie only)

Evil Dead (remake)

The Faculty

30 Days of Night

Jeepers Creepers

Comment

Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
              This may be the problem. I didn't watch it until I was like 30. I guess the magic wasn't there by the time you hit that age. Ha. Kind of like how I go back and watch some things I watched as a kid now and I think, 'This is the worst **** I've ever seen.' Like that old show Dinosaurs that used to come on ABC. Really liked it when I was a kid. Tried to watch an episode recently. Good lord, that was the worst written **** ever. Age really changes perspective.
              True. Finally watched it when I was 26 or something. And Dinosaurs was the ****!

Also, how did I forget 2 of the scariest movies I've ever watched. Rosemary's Baby, and the OG Omen. I'd place those barely above Halloween.

Comment

True. Finally watched it when I was 26 or something. And Dinosaurs was the ****!

Also, how did I forget 2 of the scariest movies I've ever watched. Rosemary's Baby, and the OG Omen. I'd place those barely above Halloween.
                Rosemary's Baby was great for sure. Her husband sure as hell turned to the dark side without so much as a fight at all. Cool flick. Can't rate it above the OG Halloween though. That is probably my favorite, but Psycho is a close runner-up. That movie broke all the rules and besides, it's Hitchcawk. How could it not be brilliant?

Comment

Rosemary's Baby was great for sure. Her husband sure as hell turned to the dark side without so much as a fight at all. Cool flick. Can't rate it above the OG Halloween though. That is probably my favorite, but Psycho is a close runner-up. That movie broke all the rules and besides, it's Hitchcawk. How could it not be brilliant?
                  Form a creepy, and eerie standpoint, I just barely place it above Halloween, but from a still shot on screen that still scares me to this day, nothing beats when Michael Myers is standing outside of the house Laurie's babysitting, and Tommy looks out and sees him, and says, "the boogeyman is here!". That shot to this day, creeps me the **** out, because it could literally happen right outside your house.

You know what, never actually sat down, and watched the entire Psycho movie. I'll have to do that this week.

Oh yeah, and with the Omen, I just couldn't get comfortable for 1 second during that movie. I felt so uneasy, and on edge throughout the whole thing. Masterpiece of a horror flick.

Comment

Form a creepy, and eerie standpoint, I just barely place it above Halloween, but from a still shot on screen that still scares me to this day, nothing beats when Michael Myers is standing outside of the house Laurie's babysitting, and Tommy looks out and sees him, and says, "the boogeyman is here!". That shot to this day, creeps me the **** out, because it could literally happen right outside your house.

You know what, never actually sat down, and watched the entire Psycho movie. I'll have to do that this week.

Oh yeah, and with the Omen, I just couldn't get comfortable for 1 second during that movie. I felt so uneasy, and on edge throughout the whole thing. Masterpiece of a horror flick.
                    The first Halloween was truly masterful. I think it was originally titled "The Babysitter Murders." All very creepy feeling with the way he stalked the victims. And at the end he gets up and all, but it's not explained. He is evil personified. Very epic. The later sequels tried to explain too much and with horror, you don't want to explain much. The Strangers was creepy because it's like, why the hell are these creeps even doing this? Much more effective.

Psycho always draws me in, even though I know what's going to happen. It moves very well and the Norman Bates character is fascinating.

I haven't seen the Omen in a long long time and then I think I only half-assed it. I will definitely go back and watch it again from your recommendation. I think I saw the remake and wasn't impressed but remakes usually suck. So I won't judge it for that.

Comment

The first Halloween was truly masterful. I think it was originally titled "The Babysitter Murders." All very creepy feeling with the way he stalked the victims. And at the end he gets up and all, but it's not explained. He is evil personified. Very epic. The later sequels tried to explain too much and with horror, you don't want to explain much. The Strangers was creepy because it's like, why the hell are these creeps even doing this? Much more effective.

Psycho always draws me in, even though I know what's going to happen. It moves very well and the Norman Bates character is fascinating.

I haven't seen the Omen in a long long time and then I think I only half-assed it. I will definitely go back and watch it again from your recommendation. I think I saw the remake and wasn't impressed but remakes usually suck. So I won't judge it for that.
                      Yep, that was the original title. And Carpenter planned on only making 1 Halloween, and making an anthology of horror flicks like a Twilight Zone type thing. The Strangers was definitely a crazy flick. Haven't watched it in so long, and I get it confused with the other 900 home invader movies, definitely gotta watch that again.

And yes, watch the original Omen again. Masterpiece. The soundtrack is one of the best horror soundtracks to this day. And OMG the remake was such a turd. It was literally a shot for shot imitation of the original, but with today's technology. Like the CGI spear going through the priest. made the movie look so tacky. Still a decent flick by itself, but when compared to the original, not even close.

Comment

Working...
                      X