Sergey kovalev life saved by referee? | fight on the verge of tragedy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Vadrigar.;17790476]
    Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post

You like to follow me with that Grief pic huh.

I accept the result. It's over. It's done.

I do not accept the fanboys who claim the stoppage was legit, Kovalev got fairly TKOd, was gonna get KOd, or other things that could happen but never did with 100% certainty.

Maybe Ward would have won by KO, or it could be another close decision because the fight was again very close until the stoppage. But the referee messed up bad with that call and that is fact.

Comment

Originally posted by The D3vil View Post
      I agree.

I said after the fight that Weeks saved Kovalev. He saved his reputation too, because there'll always be people saying he got "robbed by the Americans", when if Weeks didn't stop the fight, we would've seen Krusher laid out for real
      Saved him and allowed him to maybe get another payday this year. Maybe Stevenson won't be so scared.

btw who is that chica on your sign?

Comment

Originally posted by Earl-Hickey View Post
        He was tired and rocked by that right hand but its like you guys have never seen a fighter pull through adversity before.

90% chance he was done but these guys deserve every chance
        Sure. Fighters get rocked and recover and came back - however

Kovalev was ALREADY hurt and turning his back on Ward BEFORE the right hand.

Kovalev was broken. This was clear to us fans on a live screen. Clear to those at ringside. Kovs coner. Clear to Ward.

Yet Weeks was in the BEST POSSIBLE position being the referee to observe Kovalevs will to fight and people want to question the stoppage?

When Kovalev turned his back on Ward during that one sequence, ANY REFEREE is now thinking about stopping the right.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
          The stoppage wasn't early, if it was caused by legit punches, but since it was caused by fouls, the right thing to do would have been to give Kovalev a 5 min break and deducted a point from Ward. Weeks dropped the ball and that's the bottom line.
          Kovalev was bending down and badly hurt, when you are bent down like that you are prone to being hit lower then intended, and if someone is that badly hurt to begin the fight should be stopped.

He got hurt earlier in the round by 2 punches that hit him right on his belly button and he bent down forward as if someone from the 3rd row blasted him with a shotgun. Then he tried to play it off as low blows to tony weeks. Those shots BADLY hurt him. It was because of this that Ward was able to land that big right hand and then 2 more CLEAR body shots and by then Kovalev was pretty much out on his feet. When they got to the ropes observe Kovalev's body language, that was a disastrous knock out waiting to happen. He was bent down forward and that's why the shots strayed as far down as they did, because he was pretty much done. It was a good stoppage.

Comment

Kowardlev talks about killing people, so probably he doesnt bother about being killed himself. I think that Weeks stoppage was good for any other fighter, but Weeks stole a beautilfu ko from me. I wanted to see this guys on the canvas drooling, and Weeks stole this moment. If he dies, he dies, no problem bro, I'm sure kowardlev (before the fight, after the fight would be a totally different story, that's the koward in kowardlev) would agree with me, so no problem at all.
            Last edited by ray moe; 06-22-2017, 12:32 PM.

Comment

You like to follow me with that Grief pic huh.

I accept the result. It's over. It's done.

I do not accept the fanboys who claim the stoppage was legit, Kovalev got fairly TKOd, was gonna get KOd, or other things that could happen but never did with 100% certainty.

Maybe Ward would have won by KO, or it could be another close decision because the fight was again very close until the stoppage. But the referee messed up bad with that call and that is fact.

Comment

Updated OP with another informative video.

Comment

Originally posted by Vadrigar. View Post
                  You're stuck on repeat aren't you? Maybe time to take some of your own advice and move on as well.

Comment

You're stuck on repeat aren't you? Maybe time to take some of your own advice and move on as well.
                    This pic is only for you not me. I don't have any grief.

Last edited by Vadrigar.; 06-22-2017, 06:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BucaRican View Post
                      Saved him and allowed him to maybe get another payday this year. Maybe Stevenson won't be so scared.

btw who is that chica on your sign?
                      Renee Daniella

Comment

Working...
                      X