Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Eubank Jr: Groves Worried That He Might Face Me in January

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Eubank Jr: Groves Worried That He Might Face Me in January

CHRIS EUBANK JNR believes George Groves is sick with worry ahead of their potential showdown next year. The Brighton-based boxer battered Arthur Abraham for 12 rounds to book his place in the lucrative World Boxing Super Series which kicks off in September. Eubank Jnr, 27, will face tough Turk Avni Yildirim in the quarter-final of the 20m tournament but victory should set up a semi-final date with Groves, the WBA super-middleweight champion.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Eubank not short on confidence. I wonder what AA made of eubanks?

It will be good fight between grooves and eubank. Pick em fight I'm sure eubsnm learned from bjs

Comment

If Eubank did really have the upperhand in those sparring sessions where Eubank had just turnt pro then Groves does have a lot to worry about

Hes come a long way since then and Groves looks like hes declined since the Froch fight
      Last edited by SugarRayCurtain; 07-17-2017, 06:57 AM.

Comment

Eubank beat groves and degale in sparring.
        Eubank is a bit secretive when it comes to froch. Does that prove froich is alpha male and eubank won't dare speak untoward of froch while froch still walks earth?

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
          Eubank beat groves and degale in sparring.
          Eubank is a bit secretive when it comes to froch. Does that prove froich is alpha male and eubank won't dare speak untoward of froch while froch still walks earth?
          lmao! I agree with you to some degree. I believe he is secretive maybe because there is footage and he doesnt need to say much.

Comment

Originally posted by Mequetrefe View Post
            lmao! I agree with you to some degree. I believe he is secretive maybe because there is footage and he doesnt need to say much.
            Maybe he's worried froch would hunt him down
            When Bruce Lee died all of a sudden everyone could beat him were led to believe

Comment

Why would Groves be worried? Jr. beat a near forty year old slow .A.A. who was tailor made for JR. and his fast hands.

To say that the only other name on his record was BJS. who beat Eubank and who Jr. could have had an immediate rematch with but chose not to would hardly worry Groves.The only worry is Groves is knocking on but unlike AA can still let his powerful hands go.

The truth is Jr. should be worried as someone as good as Groves will find his chin a lot more often than AA. who looked like he was fighting under water.The PPV was a joke and JR. wouldn't get a penny from me who knew the result before the fight started .....the Eubanks are a pair of clowns.Who I can see straight through.I wonder if the old boy has coughed up the £3 m he cost Jr. for he GGG fight.......ibo title ppv ...clowns.

Comment

Originally posted by thack View Post
                Why would Groves be worried?
                I don't know or care if Groves or anyone else is worried about a potential future fight, but can you not understand why fighting one of the only legit 2 threats in the tournament semifinal could be worrying considered if he comes up short in that fight he's losing out on a $1.5M win bonus + the payday for the finals fight & potentially a $2M win bonus for the finals fight? Thats probably $5M+ he's losing out of if he loses to Eubank Jr. From a purely money point of view I can see how this could be sweat inducing for anyone, but specifically anyone with a legit shot to win the whole thing.

This is a $10M for the winner tournament. This isn't a speculative thing. If Jamie Cox wins his next 3 fights he's got $10,000,000 in his bank account. Thats gonna present a unique stress level for many competitors cuz usually your future success in boxing is always a unsure thing to a much higher degree.

Comment

^^^^
                  So its 1o million for the winner? Eubank must be ecstatic because as far ass he's concerned he's the winner already.
                  That will make up for the 4 million he missed out on the GGG contract

Comment

Jr. couldn't put Abrahams away relying on his fast hands to score points. I still say his lack of power leaves him short of been a genuine world class fighter and given the fights he has dodged he knows it.

Groves can be beaten, but Jr is no Froch (or Badou).

Saying that it would be one of Jr's few fights that is actually worth watching.

Comment

Working...
                    X