No announcement yet.

Marvin hagler impossible to knock out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by likeamulekick View Post
    i cant think of a single middleweight that could knock down or even hurt hagler badly. Could he even take punches of hard hitting HWs do you think, like liston, foreman or tyson and possibly go the distance?(still as a middlweight) or is the HW devision a different realm?
    Liston, Foreman, and Tyson would all knock Hagler out in the first round.

Nobody is impervious to a knockout. Nobody. I can't see any middleweight- even Jackson- knocking him out with only one shot, but anyone can be stopped/knocked out by cumulative damage. Ketchel, Robinson, and Burley all have a chance to stop him. Greb wasn't said to possess dynamite power, but his aggression could be too much for anyone.

Comment

on a julian jackson thread, ppl agreed that jackson could knockout most heavyweights but ppl also think hagler could take jacksons punches??? same goes for tommy hearns. Its got be 1 or the other then. I might have gone a bit far with foreman but i rekon hagler could take punches off most HWs and if he was knocked out it would be a late TKO, i cant see the average HW knocking him out cold. Most of the great middleweights are just skinny HWs

Jackson had the power to KO anyone within his weight class. But, the truth is Hagler would be beating his a*s too much for Julian to ever get that classic bomb in on him. Julian would land a big one or two, but not one hard enough to Ko Hagler.

Comment

Originally posted by jabsRstiff View Post
        Jackson had the power to KO anyone within his weight class. But, the truth is Hagler would be beating his a*s too much for Julian to ever get that classic bomb in on him. Julian would land a big one or two, but not one hard enough to Ko Hagler.
        yeh hagler would probably get rid of jackson early but he would take some bombs in the process. What do you think about the average HW taking those shots that hagler took from hearns?

Comment

yeh hagler would probably get rid of jackson early but he would take some bombs in the process. What do you think about the average HW taking those shots that hagler took from hearns?
          A heavyweight-sized dude off the street would be laid out. A heavyweight-sized guy who is a legit boxer would take those shots with no problem.

Comment

Working...
          X